Disciple of Khaine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wapcaplets

wapcaplets

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:01 AM

Disciple of Khaine's ability states: "Spend 2 resources to redirect one combat damage just assigned to this unit to another target unit."

Would this ability allow me to re-direct the damage to one of my opponent's units? There are a bunch of abilities that are phrased in a similar fashion. Rules-as-intended would say to me that this ability is meant to deflect damage on to other units I control but rules-as-written would seem to allow deflecting the damage onto my opponent's unit.

#2 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:03 AM

Unless an ability specifically says you can only target your own unit, you can target anything.  There are a number of nasty effects like this.

#3 Thee Forsaken One

Thee Forsaken One

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:25 AM

If you look at all the other damage moving effects you'll see the same thing so really RAI and RAW are the same here. Damage goes where you want it to go.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS