Quest Area

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BClemson

BClemson

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:44 PM

If I have already have a unit in my quest area and then proceed to play a quest, can I move that unit onto the quest without the use of another card ? If not, would a card like the empire's Forced March allow me to move the unit in the quest area onto the quest card (or does it specifically have to be a different zone?)  Forced March - Play during your turn.  Action: Move one target unit from its zone to another zone controlled by the same player.  

#2 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

I would say yes on forced march because you are playing the card to the zone.  Quests have to have a unit "played on them" to be questing.  Units in the Quest zone already have already been played and are not eligible to Quest the way the rules for Quests read.

#3 Hurdoc

Hurdoc

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:38 PM

I'm not so sure, the second paragraph on page 11 under "Sending a Unit on a Quest" states:

"To send a unit on a quest, a player plays the unit on top of the quest card when he plays that unit from his
hand
."

So Forced March may not work in that context.

#4 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:59 AM

And moving a card isn't playing a card.  If it were, all kinds of effects would be firing off from moving.

It pretty much has to come from your hand.

#5 Garoath

Garoath

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:21 AM

Unfortunately there is currently no way to send a unit that is already in play on a quest.  The closest possible way would be to somehow return a unit to your hand and then play it on the quest.  Forced march wouldn't work for the reasons mentioned above.  Moving a unit from one zone to another is not the same as playing a unit to that zone.

#6 Hurdoc

Hurdoc

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:29 AM

Some effects do kick in by moving, such as The Greatswords (Forced: After a unit enters this zone, The Greatswords gains l until the end of the turn), but "questing" can only occur from hand, it appears.

#7 BClemson

BClemson

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:21 AM

Okay, only from the hand, thanks for the replies.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS