BLACK FRIDAY Tournament - NYC Friday 11/27/09

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Stag Lord

Stag Lord

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:49 AM

The Long Island and New York City organized A Game of Thrones CG community are pleased to announce our annual Black Friday AGoT LCG competition to be held November 27, 2009. This will be the fifth Black Friday event, and as usual we expect to entertain and be challenged by the finest AGoT LCG players on the East Coast.

We have secured the private room on the second floor of Cranberry Café, which hosted the Kingsmoot in the East this past July. Cranberry Café is located at 115 W 45th St (b/w 6th Ave and Broadway), New York, NY 10036. Garages are nearby for parking (for a fee) and there is a Holiday Inn Express located nearby on 45th b/w 5th Ave and 6th Ave.

Format will be LCG Joust with approximately four rounds of Swiss followed by a cut to one or more final rounds to crown the champion and award him the Black Friday Cup. (Number of qualifiers for the cut round(s) will be determined by the number of participants.)

T-shirts are once again being considered as door prizes for all competitors –-but this will add to the overall entry fee. The fee is expected to be $ 15.00, or $30.00 if t-shirts are handed out. (In the event that attendance is sufficiently high such that the cost of the room can be spread around more, the fee will be lowered.)

The most current information about Black Friday will be posted on the Events and Activities page at www.AGoTNY.net If you have any questions please feel free to email lodin00@aol.com and/or NightsWatchNYC@gmail.com

Please post here with any questions and to indicate attendance. The event is a little over eight weeks away.

#2 finitesquarewell

finitesquarewell

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:19 AM

Stag Lord said:

we expect to entertain and be challenged by the finest AGoT LCG players on the East Coast.

~careful with advertising that, i haven't checked in with the rest of the DC meta yet to see who plans on coming up this year ;-)

seriously though, the black friday experience last year was so fun that i've denied my mother and little brother a trip to visit me over thanksgiving in anticipation of attending the tournament, haha. the only thing that could prevent me from showing up to defend the title would be my wisconsinite girlfriend deciding to visit. (the mother and the brother can easily be told "no"; the female, however...) either way, hope to see you guys there.

speaking of black friday, i assume no one's heard anything about a release date for the martell expansion, correct?

#3 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:52 AM

sweet, going to see who is able/willing to come form down here. I expect Kevin and I at the least.

#4 bloodycelt

bloodycelt

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:49 AM

I shall make the attempt as usual. I may try to see if anyone else in Boston wants to come down... is andy coming?

#5 kpmccoy21

kpmccoy21

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

Lars said:

sweet, going to see who is able/willing to come form down here. I expect Kevin and I at the least.

Yeah, definitely count me in for now. Looks like its time to start building a LCG deck.

#6 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:54 AM

this was the e-mail i was talking about kev. so far we have 3 coming (same groupt that came to kingsmoot) and might have 1-4 more

#7 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:26 AM

Have you guys got a start time for this event?

#8 Stag Lord

Stag Lord

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:57 AM

12:30 - 1:00 no later.

We typically shoot for noon, but most of the time it depends on what tioem the out of towners can get in. Traffic is typically ferocious in NYC that day - I urge all to consider trains and buses.

#9 Sithlord Threadkiller

Sithlord Threadkiller

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

Black Friday V will soon be known as Red Friday I as I'll be taking a break from my usual past-times (clubbing baby seals, loading dead babies onto trucks with pitchforks, etc) to reclaim the NYC Throne.

Bring your most valiant decks, because it'll take more than talentless lannister aggro to defeat Evil.

#10 Greyjoy Chris

Greyjoy Chris

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:02 PM

For anyone who needs it, I will once again be able to host one person at my apt. Might be able to put up some more if I get a futon or something. I now live in the city, up in spanish harlem, so its much closer to the location. Email jason's nightswatch email and he'll let me know so we can figure it out. I can host the night before and the night of if anyone wants to stay around in the city for a bit.

Chris

#11 Wulfen613

Wulfen613

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

Sithlord Threadkiller said:

Black Friday V will soon be known as Red Friday I as I'll be taking a break from my usual past-times (clubbing baby seals, loading dead babies onto trucks with pitchforks, etc) to reclaim the NYC Throne.

Bring your most valiant decks, because it'll take more than talentless lannister aggro to defeat Evil.

what he said.

and this year The Jezzmonster Wulfen wont be just a numbers buff OH NO. this year He means business. and he and his wolves may just give you a beating (if he can get a bloody draw engine to work, grumble grumble....)

#12 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

If that isn't an open invitation to find a way to NYC without spoiling Thanksgiving with the family, I don't know what is....

#13 LetsGoRed

LetsGoRed

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:10 AM

ktom said:

If that isn't an open invitation to find a way to NYC without spoiling Thanksgiving with the family, I don't know what is....

Ktom, does this mean we might be seeing you at Black Friday? I hope so.

#14 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:39 AM

LetsGoRed said:

Ktom, does this mean we might be seeing you at Black Friday? I hope so.

Unlikely, but I'm going to try.

#15 bloodycelt

bloodycelt

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

And I of course shall bring the nameless horrors of New England with me... prepare to lose your sanity.

#16 Stag Lord

Stag Lord

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:05 AM

Does that mean the Young Wolf might be making an appearance? Trying to imagine what other horrors you could prepetrate on us.

And finitesquare - do make eveyr effort to come. I am so hoping for a shot at a world Champion this Novembeer - it would be a shame if you weren't there to at least fend off the challengers to yuor title last year.

#17 Sithlord Threadkiller

Sithlord Threadkiller

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:21 AM

bloodycelt said:

And I of course shall bring the nameless horrors of New England with me... prepare to lose your sanity.

Are you referring to the 2009 Red Sox?  Oh the horror... the horror...

#18 finitesquarewell

finitesquarewell

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:56 AM

Stag Lord said:

And finitesquare - do make eveyr effort to come. I am so hoping for a shot at a world Champion this Novembeer - it would be a shame if you weren't there to at least fend off the challengers to yuor title last year.

~Hmm, I had assumed that you NYC guys know by now just to mail me the trophies for your bigger tourneys so as to help me save on time and bus fare :-)

I think there's a good chance I'll be able to make it, and I know that Casey plans on going too. There's a good chance Corey will come as well; I'm pretty sure Dan is out due to family obligations.

I think we should have a serious discussion on whether we should ban the Castellan of the Rock for the tournament, whether or not we have Martell by then I think it would go a long way toward opening up the competitiveness of the other houses over Lannister, whose non-shadows build still seems to be overpowered with Castellan hanging around. Discussion?

#19 Stag Lord

Stag Lord

• Members
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:16 AM

Bring on the Castellans. If you have enough removal you can handle them. I plan on crushing Lannisters even with all their little toys.

I'm willing ot entertain arguments though.

#20 Sithlord Threadkiller

Sithlord Threadkiller

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:42 AM

finitesquarewell said:

I think we should have a serious discussion on whether we should ban the Castellan of the Rock for the tournament, whether or not we have Martell by then I think it would go a long way toward opening up the competitiveness of the other houses over Lannister, whose non-shadows build still seems to be overpowered with Castellan hanging around. Discussion?

Translation: Eric wants to man up and play a different house for black friday but doesn't want to get pwn'd by castellans.

Just a theory, but I think a greyjoy save deck might have a chance against lannister kneel.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS