Question: Low Water and Fire

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 drgabe

drgabe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:00 AM

Simple, and probably covered in the rules, but I am full of Grog. 

If a room is at low water and a fire starts, what happens?

- Nothing. No fire.

- Fire plus low water.  (water is hip deep, but all the stuff on the shelves are on fire). 

- Something different?

Thanks.

#2 Gatha

Gatha

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:40 AM

I've always played it as no fire but if things aren't very hectic option two would work if you didn't try to think through the situation

#3 AngryMojo

AngryMojo

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:40 PM

It's my knowledge that if there's water in a room, it can't be on fire.  By the game logic, redirecting water into a room will put out a fire, and set it at low water.

#4 DarkPrimus

DarkPrimus

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:20 PM

If there is water in the room, then you do not place a fire token. And if you open a door to a room flooded to high water connecting to a room on fire, both rooms will go to low water and the fire will go out.

However, if you draw a card that places a fire in a room and there is water in the room, even though you do not place a fire token, you still move the Asphyxiation marker up the track as usual.

#5 Nikosandros

Nikosandros

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

DarkPrimus said:

However, if you draw a card that places a fire in a room and there is water in the room, even though you do not place a fire token, you still move the Asphyxiation marker up the track as usual.

I don't think that's actally correct. The rules state that:

If the room selected is already fooded, no new fire starts.
If a non-fooded room is selected, the Asphyxiation Track increases by one.

I believe that if there is water in a room the asphyxiation marker does not move.

#6 Gatha

Gatha

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:48 AM

which makes sense b/c there's no fire eating your air

#7 drgabe

drgabe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:11 PM

Thanks all for the clarification. Its nice to know that I have been playing it right.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS