Master Skill list spreadsheet with what classes get what

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 linearblade

linearblade

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:32 AM

Is there a master skill out there anywhere, or a spread sheet with what classes get what?

Redeucers character sheet comes close, but I want to be able to compare 2 classes at a glance, ie:

class 1     class2     class3

skill1      x                                      x

skill2                           x

skill3     x                    x                 x

something like this would be incredibly useful for both designing classes, seeing what makes each class unique, and balancing existing ones.

#2 Snidesworth

Snidesworth

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:42 AM

I've been thinking about making one for a few days now, but it'd be alot of work. If I do get around to making one I'll post it here, but don't wait on me if you want to do it yourself.

#3 Luddite

Luddite

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:17 PM

I've just uploaded a file (Skills and talents by class and level 3) of what your after at Dark Reign here  http://www.darkreign...-aids/index.php

It only includes the classes from the core rulebook though, so nothing from IH...

Unfortunately its a pdf as DR doesn't allow .xls or .csv files to be uploaded.

If you'd like the excel file, PM me over at the Dark Reign forum and i'll send it through to you.

#4 Snidesworth

Snidesworth

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:49 PM

Ludd, you're a saint.

#5 Luddite

Luddite

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:57 PM

Snidesworth said:

Ludd, you're a saint.

Not yet, but you may worship at my altar......i'm petitioning to be the patron saint of pies and cider...

Had it knocking about for months (along with tons of other stuff as i'm sure all GMs have...)

I'd also point out that i gave it a run through using the official errata so i think its mostly accurate.

#6 Redeucer

Redeucer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:25 AM

Luddite said:

I've just uploaded a file (Skills and talents by class and level 3) of what your after at Dark Reign here  http://www.darkreign...-aids/index.php

It only includes the classes from the core rulebook though, so nothing from IH...

Unfortunately its a pdf as DR doesn't allow .xls or .csv files to be uploaded.

If you'd like the excel file, PM me over at the Dark Reign forum and i'll send it through to you.

Luddite,

You can put the Excel file into a .zip file.  That you can upload to Dark Reign.

And thank you very much.  I was in the process of doing just this and adding it to the Career Advances file. I had completed the Skills and was getting ready to do the Talents.  It also helped me find some errors that needed to be corrected in the Advancement Tables.  If you don't mind, I'll include it in my file.

#7 Redeucer

Redeucer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:52 AM

I went through Luddite's file and my file and found errors in both.  So comparing what I had and what Luddite had, I was able to clean it up.  I haven't finished the Talents yet so only the skills are up.  You can find the files HERE.

#8 Redeucer

Redeucer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:18 AM

Talents are now done.  After cross referencing Luddite's file, the DH and IH books, the errata, and my file, I think this is fairly clean now.  I also updated the skills tables as well.  You can find all the various files (Careers, Talents, Skills, combined, etc.) HERE.

#9 Luddite

Luddite

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:27 AM

Any chance of getting an Excel copy Redeucer ?

#10 Redeucer

Redeucer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:29 AM

Grab the zip file, Luddite.  It's in there.

#11 Luddite

Luddite

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:35 AM

Redeucer said:

Grab the zip file, Luddite.  It's in there.

Excellent, cheers.

#12 Snidesworth

Snidesworth

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:02 AM

Awesome stuff. Thanks again, you two.

#13 Redeucer

Redeucer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:47 AM

Once again, don't mean this to be a gratuitous bump, but did want to make sure that anyone new here would know this is out there since it had slipped to page 6.

#14 Wu Ming

Wu Ming

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:41 AM

It would be nice if  "someone" [Hint, Hint, Mr. Ross Watson ] could sticky threads like this.

Or sticky a thread where links to these types of threads could be kept.

#15 Redeucer

Redeucer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:14 AM

Sorry for the gratuitous bump again, but this had fallen way off the main and wanted to make sure that those new here that needed it could find it.

#16 Zombiewolf

Zombiewolf

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:37 AM

Thanks for both creating this and making it readily available! It is a BIG help!

#17 Graver

Graver

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:54 PM

Thanks for the work compiling the skills like that, Reducer! It's very informative and really helps one get a grip on the skill system. And now that I have a grip, I find that I'm just a little frightened.

Apparently humanity lost more then we had ever previously guessed as being able to make leather is a secret that only the high ranking Tech-Priests now know. Sad.

What's worse is by going over this list, I've figured out how Chaos is able to maintain a hold in reality no matter what the Imperium dose. It's the food, the food! All agri-worlds are just busting to the brink with high level psykers or at least they're the only ones who know what's what on the farm. Hell, being a "farmer" is probably code for being a psyker because they are obviously the only ones who can learn that trade. Just don't ever mess with a farmer, they can all melt your mind with a weird look!

And did you ever wonder why the Tech-Priests are able to get away with so much without so much as a cross look from the Imperium? It's not because of some silly treaty that the Emperor him self made with them. We also know it's not because of some half imagined monopoly on tech that they like us to think they have even though just about everyone in the Imperium of any importance seems to be able to not only use tech but repair it and craft more tech items. No, the real reason is they control the MONEY! I mean, when was the last time you saw a merchant who actually made a living as a merchant who didn't have big metal tentacles coming out of his back? Ya, that's right, I'm on to the Adaptus Mechanicus and their conspiracy to control the universal market! First, they replace all the merchants so we're only buying Ad-Mech, next they'll take our leather... wait, ah crap!

I'm really wondering if the only determination for who got what trade skill was finding a career that had too few skills in a rank and tossing in some trade skills there to bring it up to code.

#18 Mgoines

Mgoines

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

wow this is making my life so much easier! thx to all the folks that posted and reposted this so i could find it:)

#19 Redeucer

Redeucer

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:27 AM

11 March, 2009

Version 5 is now available.  Included in it you'll find:

• Added Verminspeaker Elite Advance, Traits, Talents, etc. from Creatures Anathema.

#20 Luddite

Luddite

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

Good to see you're still keeping this up to date Redeucer.

Well done old boy 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS