• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chojun

chojun

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:44 PM

speculative question here...

the new diary mentions an initiative roll.  any guesses how this is handled?   I'm guessing its a straight up agility roll with the blue dice, but I wonder if any challenge dice will be added.  wonder if stances play a part?  

#2 Foolishboy

Foolishboy

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

Possibly some sort of oppossed roll vs. your opponent(s).

#3 PzVIE

PzVIE

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:27 PM

I really hope there is an initiative roll. There is a bumper sticker on my car saying "don't make me roll for initiative". I don't wanna remove it

#4 jackdays

jackdays

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

AGI test and you count the "amount" of success (hammers or whatever). Then some special abilities/talents can give little extra for that.

Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to www.kalevalahammer.com

Enter freely and of your own free will, and leave some of your happiness...

kalevalahammer@gmail.com

#5 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:38 PM

Initiative this sound really like old  warhammer - nice one. Can't wait to see how it works.

#6 Mordenthral

Mordenthral

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:25 AM

chojun said:

speculative question here...

the new diary mentions an initiative roll.  any guesses how this is handled?   I'm guessing its a straight up agility roll with the blue dice, but I wonder if any challenge dice will be added.  wonder if stances play a part?  

If you roll Agility, then I would assume stances play a part since you can swap out attribute dice for stance dice. With the hourglass on the green dice, this would give aggressive opponents/players a higher chance to act first in combat.

If that's how it works.

#7 steamdriven

steamdriven

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:07 AM

I hope its 1d10+agility bonus. or have FFG found an even quicker was using a dice pool and tokens / jig saw tracker?

#8 Mordenthral

Mordenthral

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:19 AM

steamdriven said:

I hope its 1d10+agility bonus. or have FFG found an even quicker was using a dice pool and tokens / jig saw tracker?

They did find a quicker way. When it comes out, you should buy the core set so you can check out the initiative system.

#9 DeathFromAbove

DeathFromAbove

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:38 AM

Mordenthral said:

steamdriven said:

They did find a quicker way. When it comes out, you should buy the core set so you can check out the initiative system.

If these posts are integrated in the WFRP 3rd Deluxe Boxed set, I'll buy it two times!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS