• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:27 AM

What are people's thoughts about these few Rules questions:

1.  If a Unit like Runesmith, can grant another Unit a power bonus (+1 in Runesmith's case), if you have 2 copies of Runesmith in play, does they each grant a +1 bonus or is it only a one-time bonus regardless of how many Runesmiths you have in play?

2. Can you still assign damage to a Burning Zone?  Say someone plays a card that gives me the opportunity to assign where some damage goes - can I choose to assign it somewhere (like a Burning Zone) where it would have no effect?

What do people think?  :)

#2 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:36 AM

Wytefang said:

What are people's thoughts about these few Rules questions:

1.  If a Unit like Runesmith, can grant another Unit a power bonus (+1 in Runesmith's case), if you have 2 copies of Runesmith in play, does they each grant a +1 bonus or is it only a one-time bonus regardless of how many Runesmiths you have in play?

2. Can you still assign damage to a Burning Zone?  Say someone plays a card that gives me the opportunity to assign where some damage goes - can I choose to assign it somewhere (like a Burning Zone) where it would have no effect?

What do people think?  :)

1- I'd say yes, they does. There's anything preventing them to do so, nor in the rules, nor in wording.

2- I'd say no. Even if rules does not specify that it's impossible, i think it'd be meaningless. ;-)

IMHO ;-)

#3 Marius

Marius

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:14 AM

1) yeah, you can stack it.

2) No, you can't. Some cards say it in reminder text. It would make indirect damage kinda pointless. ;)

#4 Murdernater

Murdernater

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:18 AM

As for the first question about bonuses Runesmith's ability requires you to pay 2 resources to have target unit gain 1 power icon until the end of turn, and can only be triggered when Runesmith is in the Quest zone.

You would not get a second bonus from a second Runesmith in play for only paying the 2 resources to activate the action of a single Runesmith.

Example: you have 2 Runesmiths in your Quest zone, you designate Runesmith 1 as triggering his Action paying 2 resources. Runesmith 2 does not contribute anything in this example as he has not triggered his Action.

However, since there is no limit printed on the card, and this game does not use a mechanic such as tapping to prevent the same unit/support/development from activating an ability a second time, you would be able to pay the cost of 2 resources any number of  times designating either of the Runesmiths as the unit completing the action for each Action that was triggered.

A card such as Defend the border: (While defend the border has 3 or more resource tokens on it, redirect the first point of damage done to your capital each turn to another target unit or capital); would also not benefit from two copies in play with 3 tokens each on them as it only redirects the first damage.

However, If you had a card such as Keystone Forge in your Kingdom zone, (Kingdom, Forced: After your turn begins, heal 1 damage to your capital) would benefit from having 2 or more copies in play as each's Forced action is triggered from you beginning your turn and does not specify a specific damage to heal (as Defend the border designates the first point of damage each turn to redirect).

#5 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:18 AM

Marius, which cards say you can't assign it to Burning Zones?  I can't find any (I'm probably totally overlooking it). 

Thanks for the answers, fellas.

#6 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:20 AM

Murdernator, that makes sense (about the 1st answer).  Thanks.

#7 Marius

Marius

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:10 AM

Wytefang said:

Marius, which cards say you can't assign it to Burning Zones?  I can't find any (I'm probably totally overlooking it). 

Thanks for the answers, fellas.

My mistake, Sigmar's Intervention reads: "Action: Redirect the attack to a different one of your zones. (An attack cannot be redirected to a burning zone.)"

It doesn't say anything about damage. But I'm still quite sure... ;)

#8 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:16 AM

I'd agree, Marius.

#9 JayDe

JayDe

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

I, like some of the others, was under the impression that damage could not be assigned to already-burning board sections, it makes sense: the defending player cannot waste another player's damage dealing abilities & why would someone WANT to waste damage on an already-burning section?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS