13 replies to this topic

#1 Mal Reynolds

Mal Reynolds

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:23 PM

There is a saying:

"Where there`s muck there`s Halflings"

So is there no muck in the 3rd edition?  What have happended to our beloved halflings of the Empire and the Moot? Have they lost their adventurous heart althogheter? Since they no longer can be among the player characters, banned forever to the less prestigous class of non-player races.

I have read through all the newsletters and info from FFG about the destiny of the halflings, and I can`t find them anywhere. Maybe I have missed something, like they will included in an future sourcebook or so.

The Joy of playing a stouthearted little halfling ranger, always keeping a watchful eye on the borders of Sylvania, should not be denied to any player who thinks size do matter. In my games,  PC halflings have been among the most memorable characters of all, from the maniac evil thief Peter Dumpulp with eyes like a deer, to Pimpernickel a  gunfiring mischievous muskeeter, scarred but not unscarfed, always a lady`s friend.

ah the memories...

Let me end this letter by saying that I really like the 3rd edition, its ideas, mechanics and so. I am a supporter of the new edition, because its innoative, refreshing and enhancing. Some say that why fix something that is not broken, and certainly 2nd edition where not broken. But why a new edition then? other than fancy dices, party sheet and a costly basic box? I can sum it up in 1 word, and word only: Recruitment!

yes I think the new edition is made for easier recruiting people to the amazing hobby PnP rpg really is.

I remember in the old days at CONs that the oldest person there was in his 30s, we young teenagers swarmed around this veteran gamer, he certainly stuck out. Now a days, most people at the CONs are in their 30s and a bit heavier, the youngsters are lost among the swarm of us 70 model.

FFG is doing their part of making the game interesting for the young people of today that have their creativity visualized by stunning 3d graphics and HD games.

FFG for what its worth, cudos!

#2 NezziR

NezziR

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:24 PM

The last I read, they were planning to release Halflings in one of the early (or first) expansions. I don't think the wait will be long, there has been a short (heh) public outcry about them. Besides, who will fetch wayward snotballs if there are no Halflings?

#3 Mal Reynolds

Mal Reynolds

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:48 PM

Glad to hear that they are planning on having halflings in on of the expansion sets.

I hope its on of the earliest of the expansion sets, for one of my regular wfrp players always play halflings, and was quite sad to hear that they had elimnated the little fellows for  the haughty high elves.

And try asking a high elf to fetch snotballs for you heh?

#4 Leogun_91

Leogun_91

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:42 PM

Although the halflings disapperance is bad but if they come in an expansion one could get more fluff on the little fellows and that would be good for frankly they didn´t get that much attention in 2nd anyway.

#5 jackdays

jackdays

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:14 PM

Everyone loves Elves, so more Elves to WFRP3 Corebox. And everyone hates those little Halflings, so lets leave them out for good...

Just kidding. Ok

I was disapppointed that they were left out. I just know, when you add them later you need some extra rules to patch differences. I would quess there will be new "Sigmar's Heirs" -box. This including other Imperials and also Moot province, with Halflings.

Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to www.kalevalahammer.com

Enter freely and of your own free will, and leave some of your happiness...

kalevalahammer@gmail.com

#6 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:00 AM

jackdays said:

Everyone loves Elves, so more Elves to WFRP3 Corebox. And everyone hates those little Halflings, so lets leave them out for good...

Just kidding. Ok

I'm not. I hate those little buggers. Elves on the other hand - I don't HATE them but tend to keep them away from my games. That being said I've nothing against including them into WRFP3. I just wanted to raise my hand with a little "yep, I hates them alright, I hates them forever!" 

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#7 Armrek

Armrek

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:20 AM

There's nothing like a little vicious halfling outlaw type, cna't wait to see where they will be included

And after all I think Jay owes us a session demo video

#8 jackdays

jackdays

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:43 AM

doc_cthulhu said:

I'm not. I hate those little buggers. Elves on the other hand - I don't HATE them but tend to keep them away from my games. That being said I've nothing against including them into WRFP3. I just wanted to raise my hand with a little "yep, I hates them alright, I hates them forever!" 

Harsh  Doesnt every group need that vicious Halfling-Thief-type? Fat, short fellow who cant really get to anyplace where human cat-burgler could easily go and has short stumby hands not fit for pick pocketing. So it just steels pies, if only he could outrun the pie-merchants....

Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to www.kalevalahammer.com

Enter freely and of your own free will, and leave some of your happiness...

kalevalahammer@gmail.com

#9 cogollo

cogollo

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:35 AM

I heard there was a "Halfling Pie" festival in Altdorf...

Hur-Nir ran to the aid of the beaten man, recovering in the process a handful of pennies the thugs had let fall in the man's boots during their hasty retreat. - from Nulner Blues campaign

#10 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:44 PM

No. They really don't need another piemuncher to act as a comical sidekick (or a player to whine about his low stats). Of with the halflings as with gnomes. And give me back my Fimir! 

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#11 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:35 PM

Yes I would like to see not only Halfling expansion but also would like a comeback of some other races:

Gnomes (in 1 ed there where)

Fimir

Zoat

Doppelganger

A comeback of all the creatures that were mist in 2ed and were in 1ed and more.

#12 Da Boss

Da Boss

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:16 AM

jackdays said:

doc_cthulhu said:

Harsh  Doesnt every group need that vicious Halfling-Thief-type? Fat, short fellow who cant really get to anyplace where human cat-burgler could easily go and has short stumby hands not fit for pick pocketing. So it just steels pies, if only he could outrun the pie-merchants....

Hate all "comic" races - Hafflings, Gnomes, Kender - exterminate them all with a smile and a song in your heart

#13 onlinechaos

onlinechaos

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:08 AM

You pay extra for halflings.

#14 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:35 PM

Oh! And by the way - Warpstone didn't a great job with the Fimir theme-issue. Thanks for that to them. 

Still - slay those little annoying hobbits and bring me back my bog dwelling one-eyes!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS