Support cards in the Battlefield

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Murdernater

Murdernater

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:37 AM

Is there any purpose to placing the limited support cards that add 1 power icon (i.e. contested village) into your battlefield, as you can only  attack with units?

#2 Thee Forsaken One

Thee Forsaken One

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:26 AM

The only supports that are useful in the Battlefield are ones that protect or enhance the zone they're present in. Ones that just contribute power are pretty much useless.

#3 dormouse

dormouse

LCG Designer

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:49 AM

Yep, well there are ones which rather than affecting the zone affect the unit they are attached to, but essentially you are correct.

"words are like arrows, once loosened you cannot call them back"

#4 Thee Forsaken One

Thee Forsaken One

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:41 AM

Well I figured 'enhance this zone' was a sort of vague reference to that but yeah I should have been clearer. :P

#5 Hurdoc

Hurdoc

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:58 PM

Perhaps I don't understand this properly, but how are they useless? Doesn't the power they contribute help damage attackers? That may not be much, but I don't think thats worthless.

#6 ChaosChild

ChaosChild

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:07 AM

No, because a support card cannot be designated as a defender so its power is never used in resolving the combat. The only ones which are used in combat are attachments (Organ Gun, Knight Training etc) which add power to their attached unit rather than having their own power.

#7 Hurdoc

Hurdoc

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:05 AM

Ah, thats good to know. I was going to play the game incorrectly!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS