Photo

WFRP 3e: Will there be an "Update 3e" Product?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kage2020

Kage2020

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:39 PM

As it came up for discussion on another board, I thought that I would post it here.  WFRP 3e has, as I'm sure that everyone here knows far better than I, caused some interesting... debate, both for and against it, questioning what it was trying to achieve, accusation of being a board game (or at least containing board game elements).  Perhaps there has been singing of Christmas carols across the lines of trenches? 

I merely had a question, and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it, whether they felt that it was a good idea (maybe getting some of the fence-sitters across to the new edition), etc.?

Anyway, one of the more useful documents for my own system of choice when it went from the 3rd to the 4th edition, a process which changed some of the core rules significantly, was a "4e Update" document.  In that booklet, which was of course free, they described how to take your 3e character and make them into a 4e compliant character.  Has FFG thought of producing a similar document for the WFRP 2e to WFRP 3e transition?  Include examples of various characters, including those that are a smooth transition to those that are more thorny...?

Just thought that it might be interesting to see and be of great aid to GMs also wanting to convert characters (monsters, etc.) between the two systems--either those wanting to make use of WFRP 3e materials in their games, or people wanting to transition to the new system with their established characters.

Kage

#2 Armrek

Armrek

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:25 PM

That's a splendid idea! It would make it easier to use some of the Old villains and NPCs and other stuff,  we have for 1st and 2nd ed.

Another one for you Jay; hop I'm not too over taxing

And after all I think Jay owes us a session demo video

#3 Hauer Glaeken

Hauer Glaeken

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:11 AM

It's a great idea indeed. It could also prove that the new system will solve some of the problems we encountered in the previous edition.

#4 DeathFromAbove

DeathFromAbove

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:19 AM

In case just provide us some PDFs cards of old careers.

#5 Foolishboy

Foolishboy

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:55 AM

I think we should stop trying to compare because comparing WFRPv1 with WFRPv2 was like comparing a Lamborghini with a Ferrari. Both are excellent but for slightly different reasons and you can't blame someone for which one they prefer. Comparing WFRPv3 to WFRPv1 or WFRPv2 is like comparing the Supercars to a Sailing Boat. The mechanics, target audience and purpose of WFRPv3 is so radically different from the previous games that I don't feel that the same criteria can be used to judge them. 

#6 Kravel

Kravel

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:40 AM

I think an update would be good, especially if you can more easily convert old info.

I'm considering moving D&D 4E PCs to Warhammer 3rd edition (both rules and setting). If I can pull that off, I'd think a simple 2nd edition to 3rd conversion should be doable.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS