Time Length of a Game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hawknight

Hawknight

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:45 AM

How long does a game take? Can i play it over my lunch break?

#2 Joram

Joram

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:28 AM

If everyone knows how to play, this one can easily get done in half an hour.

#3 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:02 PM

How about a game with 2 or 3 players only? I'm wondering if you could get about 3 games in over the course of an hour? Is it possible?

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#4 Jayrome007

Jayrome007

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:34 AM

talismanisland said:

How about a game with 2 or 3 players only? I'm wondering if you could get about 3 games in over the course of an hour? Is it possible?

Is it possible? Yes. Would it be advisable? In my opinion, no.

In order to play at the speed necessary to accomplish 3 games in an hour, you would really have to some of the strategic portion of the game and encourage snap decisions without really analyzing the possibilities. Much like chess, games like these are turn-based for a reason. Each player on their turn should be anticipating a step or two ahead and making his move accordingly. Sometimes, depending on the complexity of the situation, this may take a few moments of careful consideration. And a few moments per player per turn can add up. I know for my friends and I, a single 4-player game of Colossal Arena can last almost an hour.

I realize most of what I just said wasn't really all that profound, but it nonetheless true.

Jason Walden
Board Game Producer
Fantasy Flight Games
jwalden@fantasyflightgames.com

#5 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

Thanks for that. The time frame isn't really that important, I was just trying to get my head around how quick the game really is. I guess being primarily a player of Talisman I should not be too concerned at playing for an hour!

I guess what I need to do is find someone with the game and try it out to see how it goes...

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS