Time Length of a Game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hawknight

Hawknight

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:39 AM

How long does a game take? What makes it go faster or take longer?

#2 caradoc

caradoc

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:25 PM

Most of the games I have played last from 20 minutes to 40 minutes.  I have had one or two games last up to an hour, but this has usually been with 5 or 6 players, and games where people have blocked others out of having connected provinces.

Condottiere is a fantastic game - simple, highly enjoyable and tense.  I have read some complain about the 'luck of the draw' on other sites, but really this is a minor issue, as even with an ordinary hand you can still play cleverly - a much more effective strategy than trying to rely on a good deal :D

Condottiere is a favourite game of mine, I have played it scores of times and still really hanker to play.  The card play is very clever, and the board adds an exciting and interesting element.

Cheers,

Giles.

#3 szmendryk

szmendryk

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:18 PM

It depends on how many players there are and on the rules that you apply. You can find optional rules to make the game longer but a 4 player game with the basic rules takes about 30 minutes.

#4 derros87

derros87

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:09 PM

the way i play is anywhere from 45 mins to an hour

#5 KONRAD

KONRAD

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:27 AM

sounds like a fast-n-fun game. will have to think bout this one.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS