previews for GMs needed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kravel

Kravel

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:46 AM

I've enjoyed all the previews so far. The previews have given a pretty good overview of the game from a player's point of view.

But if I'm going to actually play the game, I'll be the one shelling out the money and GMing it, not my players. I'd expect many GMs are in the same position.

I'd like to see some previews for GMs and some hard numbers. How many monsters/NPCs in the book (2nd edition didn't have enough in my opinion). How many pages in each book? How are adventures written and run? How long in the provided adventure? Does the GM fight over the dice and cards with the players or does he use another mechanic? How many actually players does the Adventurer's Kit support without card sharing (I can't find an answer anywhere)?

I like the player stuff. But I'd like to know how the game will be like to run and how much support I'll get for my money right out of the first box (or two).

#2 Doomed

Doomed

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

I'd like to second this. I'd especially like to know what the workload is like on the GM's side of the Table.

• Combat - If for instance my players get into a fight in the sewers (where else? ) with say 4 mutants how much am I going to have to keep track of, how many cards will I have to reference etc.? A combat example would be good.
  • Prep work. How much mechanical prep work is required? It would be handy to see how an NPC is statted out, how many talents they have etc?
  • Slightly unrelated but an example of how opposed rolls work would be nice.

#3 Sunatet

Sunatet

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

Yes, I would like to see previews like that too.
I'm a GM myself, and wonder what tools I will have to start with.

I will be testing 3-rd edition on brand new group of players (with little to none RPG experience), so I expect something to help me with new mechanics (I'm used to 1, and 2-nd ed), and help them to immerse in the world they never experienced before.

#4 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:53 PM

Previews form the books taht would be great and for GM especialy.

#5 KjetilKverndokken

KjetilKverndokken

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:45 AM

My whole group is putting money on this set, but as a story-guide I to would want a playing example of the game. The 5 vids of the seminar are good, but stil does not quite show us how the game flows.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS