• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 boggle

boggle

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:29 AM

Hi all,

Firstly i must admit i am so excited about this product stumbled onto it by accident a few days ago.

Have done my best to read up about this product checked out the seminar video.

Anyway my question is this how many hours of playing time have gone into this product.

Paizo a rival company properly had the input of thousands of gamers before releasing there new book what about this product.

Dont get me wrong this looks great however how will it play well and what are the benefits?

Your asking people to stump up a fair amount of cash although i do think the production value is awesome.

My second and in some ways more important question is warhammer has a unique world will there be a new campaign to launch with the new books.

I have always believed that it is the dm that sparks the players interest and one thing warhammer has always done well quality stories with amazing handouts. I really hope you guys and girls have something up your sleeve.

Anyway what do you think ?

#2 Jaysin1414

Jaysin1414

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:58 AM

I think that FF probably had this concept in mind when they originally got the license from Games Workshop.  Add to this their long history with other games (roleplaying, board, card and otherwise) and the point that they've probably been working with this for the better part of two years, and I think it's probably been well play-tested.

The thing about Paizo and Pathfinder is true about them play-testing with thousands of gamers; however, they've also pissed off many of them by not including all of the 3.5e upgrades that the playtesters suggested.  When all was said and done, Pathfinder was a little-changed gussied up 3.5e.  It certainly sold well, but it wasn't a revolutionary (or even evolutionary) change.  It was 3.5 with a few house rules.

Warhammer Fantasy 3e is a revolutionary change.  There's really not much like it out their, and it represents a huge change from the game it is replacing.  Hopefully what FF has done is kept the play-testing groups small and focused.  Too many people and you end up getting a bunch of compromises that water down the process.  What I hope they did was get a bunch of VERY experienced players and suggested that they had a clean slate with which to create the best Warhammer Fantasy concept they could come up with - no sacred cows....and then took it from there, keeping what worked and tossing what didn't.

But to answer your first question - the concept seems simple enough that I'm confident that it's been both play-tested enough and that the concept works.

To answer the second question - if you look at a game like Descent, I'm pretty confident that FF has a bunch of supplements in line for this game.  We know that there's an Adventurer's Kit being released in conjunction with the game - I think that adventures and other supplements will follow shortly.

#3 boggle

boggle

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:11 PM

I do hope so ?

#4 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:52 PM

I agree with Jaysin1414, i think FFG had a plan of making WFRP just when they bought the license. That good becouse it means that the work very hard and long on this edition.

Did You see this? This picture was taken october 2008. You can see on it the first dice set for new WFRP. So this is a prouf that FFG work on this for a very long time . I can say only one thing to Jay Little and his team - Great Work!

#5 PzVIE

PzVIE

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:05 AM

ffgfan said:

I can say only one thing to Jay Little and his team - Great Work!

Although I'm optimistic, I will render my final judgement after the first session using the new stuff ...

#6 boggle

boggle

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:54 AM

working on something and play-testing are two very different things.

Dont get me wrong i love what i see however i remain ...... mmmm

You see i get the feeling that they should think about open gaming license once the product launches.

Just a thought ..

#7 macd21

macd21

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:46 AM

boggle said:

You see i get the feeling that they should think about open gaming license once the product launches.

Why? Not sure how it would help them and it doesn't look like the kind of system other companies would pick up. While it looks like a good system, it requires lots of bits that other companies wouldn't want to add to their games (cards, custom dice etc), as they'd probably have to sell them in boxed sets.

#8 Armrek

Armrek

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

PzVIE said:

ffgfan said:

I can say only one thing to Jay Little and his team - Great Work!

Although I'm optimistic, I will render my final judgement after the first session using the new stuff ...

Exactly my point ;-)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS