Empire in Blood WHFRP recruiting one player for tight-knit online game

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lordandtailor

Lordandtailor

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:56 AM

Hey there FFG forum, as a foreword I would like to excuse myself if this post does not belong here. Im not keen on hijacking your forums, but I would really like to present an opportunity to the largest amount of WHFRP players possible.

My real-life friends and I have been playing roleplaying games for as long as I can remember. We are casual folks that used to love getting together to shoot the fish and have some fun rolling dice. However, in the last three years post-highschool, none of us have been able to find the time to meet with each other on any sort of regular basis to game.

Thus, we found ourselves with a problem; how would we continue our gaming (and more importantly, keep up our friendships over large distances)? Enter Empire in Blood, an extremely narrative-driven campaign that I have devised myself, with open-ended possibilities and a heavy emphasis on roleplaying and character development.

We play using a forum that I have created, posting our actions once every day around 7 PM EST. Some days people are absent, but for the majority of the time we are faithful, and in two short months have amassed over 200 posts between ourselves, and the game is well under-way.

That said, we are looking for one more person to complete our gaming group. Now, I have some other RL friends that are prospective, but I thought it would be certainly interesting for someone whom we do not know to participate, both to bring out the best narrative that we can make, and also to make another friend.

The standard is quite high, as you can imagine. For someone I dont know to enter into our gaming group, I would like a resume that not only shows your ability but your interest and responsibility to posting. Furthermore, it will be highly reccomended that you give me your cell-phone number so that I can text you whenever a new post goes up at night. Its not required, and I certainly wont ask for it off the bat, but once trust has been built I would prefer we did it that way!

If you are interested in getting into our game, then an email directed to andreas.palalas@gmail.com with WHFRP Resume in the headline would be appreciated. Here is what I am looking for, and the steps you should take:

1) Navigate to empireinblood.lefora.com and read! Our campaign so far reads much like a novel, and is really interesting. Also, we play 2nd edition WHFRP, but the rules are very customized and you will not need to be too involved in them. Again, most of what we do is narrative driven, and although we make rolls often, I prefer there to be some mystery to the mechanics so that you are honest with your rolls.

2) Decide that you are capable of posting every day. Does not matter what timezone, but every day is necessary!

3) Send me your resume.

4) In your resume, you should include:

-How long you have been playing roleplaying games (any!)

-Why you want to play with us

-The concept that you have for your character

- A short bio, that you can improve on later

- A quick example of your writing skills. Just a short little excerpt, you can write about 50 to 100 words about anything...your character in combat, in a situation, walking through the woods. Whatever!

We really have high hopes for this extra player, so please come play with us!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS