• 74 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:15 AM

hi,

im new to  AGOT LCG and im asking how do i get the promos:

Quaithe of the Shadows

Maester Caelotte

Permutation of Power

Marked for Ransom

do the have the look of the new LCG-format???

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,524 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:21 AM

These cards are not actually considered LCG promos. They are all Iron Throne Edition promo cards (they all have the ITE set symbol on them) that were released at about the same time that the "Clash of Kings" chapter packs were showing up on retail shelves. They look like ITE cards - which look as much like LCG cards are the "Clash of Kings" chapter pack cards do. They are technically part of the ITE CCG block of cards, not part of the LCG card pool, and are not legal in "LCG-only" format organized play events.

That said, if you want copies, I could probably scare some up for you.

#3 chrassos

chrassos

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:00 AM

i dont understand.

the cards from Clash of kings are looking exactly as the ones in the coreset exept that they are black bordered.

are these promos looking like the coreset with only a black border or do the look like the old cards?

#4 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,524 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:18 AM

chrassos said:

i dont understand.

the cards from Clash of kings are looking exactly as the ones in the coreset exept that they are black bordered.

Correct. But so do all the cards from the Five Kings, House of Talons, House of Thorns and Iron Throne sets from the CCG. "Look like the old cards" is not a good way to differentiate between LCG and CCG cards because the look the CCG cards changed years before the LCG came around. Your statement that Clash of Kings looks exactly like the Core Set cards except for the black border is not as accurate as saying "LCG cards look exactly like 'second generation' CCG cards except for the white border."

chrassos said:

are these promos looking like the coreset with only a black border or do the look like the old cards?

These promos look exactly like Iron Throne edition cards, which look exactly like Clash of Arms cards, which look exactly like LCG cards, except for the border color. They were designed and developed as part of the Iron Throne edition CCG cards, although they were not released to the public until the same time that the Clash of Arms packs were on retail shelves.

These promos are not part of the Clash of Arms set or the LCG card pool. They will not be legal in FFG LCG events. If you are looking for LCG cards, look elsewhere. They could certainly be played in the same deck as LCG cards (as would any CCG card), but they are not LCG cards and were never used as promotional items for the LCG.

#5 chrassos

chrassos

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:29 AM

thanks for the detailed explanation.

so im interested in these 4 promos^^

#6 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:53 PM

If the Clash of Arms cycle sells out and are scheduled for reprint...some confusion between CCG era cards and LCG era cards can be avoided for newcomers if they are reprinted with white borders instead of black.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS