Do people remember issues we had with WFRP2 core rules? I mean rules were good, but there is always somethings. Now I dont remember all the issues we had, but there were few. And I mean really some core elements that just didnt work that well. Would be nice if some of these would have been fixed in the new edition... But you never know. I mean I just hope production-team are top of this stuff.
Here are few things I remember, please add more:
- Encumbrance Issue: I'm not saying I dont like the system. It is good system, but there are some BIG problems that needed to be changed and rethinking (what were those? Well, say draft animals and how much can they carry). Do we have Enc system in new WFRP3 also? And is it solved differently?
- Size Issue: Now, phyisical size really gave actually few issues that were later fixed with different Talents/Traits. Size was featured by Attacks and Wounds mostly (and Unstoppable Blows). Actual size-levels might be good new addition in WFRP3, giving certain bonuses or penalties. With these one could easily solve some skill problems also (like attack and defence issues, unarmed brawling, hide, sneak, maybe initiative bonuses...etc.) and feature better very small or very large creatures.
- UPDATED - Strength Issue: Strength was one of the Characteristics that caused little arguing. This is related issue to Size. Some huge creatures just had WAY too small Strenght compared to say Tier 3 or 4 Human Character with full bonuses to their Strenght. I just hope new Str has bigger scale. This meaning - If human Str is now about 3 or 4, then Ogre is probably 8 and something like Dragon or Greater Daemon is 15...
- Champion Issue: This career was just too über and too fast reachable for some career-lines. This is very minor issue and has minor impact in the Core Rules, but I just wanted to add this as for example of minor issue.
- UPDATE - Skill System Issue: Altough good, there are few things. These are well discussed in this thread (below). Most likely these might actually work better in the new system, but we dont really know for sure yet.
- UPDATE - Combat Damage & Critical Issue: One thing in the "old" damage system isn't working that good. You can be hit dozen times in one hit location, but then when your Wounds finally are gone and you are hit other location, it is THAT new location that is suddenly Critically hit. System should work that every hit has change for Critical. This way also Armour Damage is better handled. Nice to see how this works in the WFRP3.