• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Card_Breaker

Card_Breaker

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:42 PM

Whoot! Official release on the 12th!

On the side note, Champ, it is "available" now, if you know what I mean.

#2 Trothael

Trothael

• Members
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:00 PM

12th of what?

*Needs this game*

#3 Card_Breaker

Card_Breaker

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:20 PM

Trothael said:

12th of what?

*Needs this game*

As in it releases in 2 days. Though I'm already enjoying it. The remixed music gains my approval.

#4 Trothael

Trothael

• Members
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:02 PM

Games Day and Space Hulk....or pokemanz fandom....

Games Day and Space Hulk are both one time things....Pokemanz is forever...

DAMMIT WHICH FANDOM DO I CHOOSE?!

#5 TheChampIsHere

TheChampIsHere

• Members
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:56 PM

Trust me Card_Breaker, I was in the know. I also do enjoy the music, but in my opinoin, it makes the game sound too epic...when in my opinoin..an endless battle between a Metapod and Magikarp continually using Harden and Splash until resorting too Struggle cannot be epic in the least bit.

Where are you in the game? I'm just leveling up, but I really don't want to spoil the game for myself...so I won't go far (as I didn't in 358/2 Days). I just train...right now, I have a Typhlosion, Haunter, and Ampharos all above lvl.30 and I'm about to fight the first gym...sad isn't it.

#6 Trothael

Trothael

• Members
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:01 PM

TheChampIsHere said:

. I just train...right now, I have a Typhlosion, Haunter, and Ampharos all above lvl.30 and I'm about to fight the first gym...sad isn't it.

I've done worse on the original G/S...

#7 TheChampIsHere

TheChampIsHere

• Members
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:04 PM

...trust me...I plan too...I don't want to go far in the game since I got it for free and I prefer not to spoil it...so, I'm not gonna fight him until I have a full set of 6 pokemon over 50...thats what my friend did in pearl...but you have to admit, training is fun...is it not?

#8 Trothael

Trothael

• Members
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:12 PM

TheChampIsHere said:

...trust me...I plan too...I don't want to go far in the game since I got it for free and I prefer not to spoil it...so, I'm not gonna fight him until I have a full set of 6 pokemon over 50...thats what my friend did in pearl...but you have to admit, training is fun...is it not?

I've been a semi-official pokemanz breeder since a month after the original G/S were released...The games storyline is only there to impede my breeding/training programs.

#9 Card_Breaker

Card_Breaker

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:13 PM

Just started as I just found out. I have my Lv 5 Cyndaquil... xD

Though I plan on exploring for today. Then I'll start a new game and record it... with terrible quality... Unlike Days, I can actually understand some dialogue now! Thank goodness I learned some Japanese.

#10 Card_Breaker

Card_Breaker

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:35 PM

I have found one spot where my game freezes... but by no means is it necessary to go there. If I go to Elm's second floor, it freezes... does this happen to you?

#11 King_Simba

King_Simba

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:20 AM

Card_Breaker said:

I have found one spot where my game freezes... but by no means is it necessary to go there. If I go to Elm's second floor, it freezes... does this happen to you?

Did you patch it? I heard some people's game's are freezing on them.

Also, sending your cards today. I was to busy to send them yesterday.

#12 WayToTheDawn

WayToTheDawn

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:21 AM

...Damn Thievin Pirates....

<_<

>_>

<_<

Lulz Boy...AWAY!!!

#13 comdieguy

comdieguy

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:52 AM

oo gold and silver brings back memorys of inbreed mice ( dont ask how but my friend had three whole pages of inbreed marils)

#14 TheChampIsHere

TheChampIsHere

• Members
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:10 AM

Yes, the game has a security wall at many different points in the game (similar to KH's Roxas waking up freeze on the downloaded ones) to stop people from playing the game who download it. It doesn't happen there for me, but the game is prone to freezing randomly, so I save often too not have to shut off your game...in between levels 42-43 of my Typhlosion, it froze, and made me redo it all from level 37. Just save often and you wont' have a problem. Oh...they are all around 45 now...still haven't beaten Falkner...can't wait to see how badly he can't touch me. (He is the first gym leader)

Card_Breaker, since you haven't put much effort into the game yet, then you should download the new patched one that was released late last night. If you get that one, the freezing problem is eliminated.

#15 Trothael

Trothael

• Members
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:13 AM

I need a PAL region release. NOW.

Seriously. Drug addicts compared to me and Pokémon.

#16 Card_Breaker

Card_Breaker

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

TheChampIsHere said:

Yes, the game has a security wall at many different points in the game (similar to KH's Roxas waking up freeze on the downloaded ones) to stop people from playing the game who download it. It doesn't happen there for me, but the game is prone to freezing randomly, so I save often too not have to shut off your game...in between levels 42-43 of my Typhlosion, it froze, and made me redo it all from level 37. Just save often and you wont' have a problem. Oh...they are all around 45 now...still haven't beaten Falkner...can't wait to see how badly he can't touch me. (He is the first gym leader)

Card_Breaker, since you haven't put much effort into the game yet, then you should download the new patched one that was released late last night. If you get that one, the freezing problem is eliminated.

Yeah, I found out about the patched one and random freezing though I don't feel like started over again to get the patch (actually, I found a patch where my progress is still there, it just fixes the problem... may try it later). Though it only happens to me when entering/exiting a building. I do save often now though. I play for fun/completion on my DS, but I play another file on an emulator for recording... do you know any good recording programs that record sound as well? Because I tried hypercam but couldn't get it to record sound...

#17 Card_Breaker

Card_Breaker

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:35 PM

Wow... that cursed me... now I freeze in the middle of battle, ends of battles, and right after saving...

Anyways, this is just too easy... I already have a Lv 14 Quilava and a Lv 6 Gastly which I'm training. Then, when morning/day comes, I'll get myself a Mareep and train it before taking on Falkner. This music rocks... but I agree it is a little overwhelming... sounds more like they are celebrating many years of pokemon rather than having it in the game...

#18 Card_Breaker

Card_Breaker

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:57 AM

On the 3rd gym with a Lv 21 Quilava, Lv 19 Flaafy, and Lv 18 Gastly. Gonna be a challenge considering I haven't really trained them that much.

Champ, do you have the Arceus and Pikachu-colored Pichu? Because it would be very useful to me.

EDIT: After 2 revives and Whitney spamming Milk Drink/Rollout, I've won. Rollout is as hard as I remember... Plus she kept infatuating my Quilava... Now to heal my pokemon...

#19 Card_Breaker

Card_Breaker

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:35 AM

This is such a drag... I can't go into the Pokemon Center in Goldenrod! I've tried at least 20 times, but it freezes everytime. So, I decided to use the patch. Pretty awesome having some of it translated but it still freezes! Yes, I got the patch with both translation AND no freeze, so the freezing should have stopped... or at least been lessened... And I really need to get into the Pokemon Center... My Gastly needs to heal to train more...

EDIT: This just isn't my day... my microchip has now just stopped accepting Pokemon Soul Silver to be placed onto it... I can drag any other game, even ones with more MB and they copy onto the chip fine, but when I try Pokemon Soul Silver (even different files of it), it says not enough memory...

#20 Card_Breaker

Card_Breaker

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:33 PM

Thankfully, after getting a new micro SD card, it transfers perfectly. And I can now enter the Pokecenter!!!! The old one must've broke or something...

EDIT: I've been playing for an hour straight and still no freeze! Patch must've worked!

EDIT2: I've stumbled across the Pokethlon! The music is very work-out-like.

EDIT3: Whoa! You can survive poison?!?! Everytime I've walked with a poisoned pokemon, it fainted... but this time, my Quilava at 1 HP had a message saying "Quilava survived the poison. The poison has gone away." Since when has this been used in the games?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS