DnD don't exist

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Necronomicus

Necronomicus

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:48 PM

Please don't allude to DnD in these forums. Its like comparing McDonalds to a 5 star resturant.    McDonalds being DnD no matter what edition. (just cuz its the first don't make it at all any good) and a 5 star resturant being WHFRP

Its apples and martians comparisons.   Please people If you are going to compare the new 3ed or even WHFRP in general to any other game system. Please refer to games that actually have more than 1 star to their credit.

#2 Varnias Tybalt

Varnias Tybalt

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:21 PM

But this dumb and gimmicky third edition has gots them stupid looking dices with them ugly looking symbols on them instead of REAL numbers, and FFG has like just stolen the rules and game mechanics from one of their boardgames and done other stupid things, so it must be like DnD 4th! We're gonna look stupid in front of our neighbours playing around with such a kid friendly looking game! Can't you see that!?

*Note: Im being sarcastic here.

#3 donbaloo

donbaloo

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:22 PM

Can't wait to see all the civil and productive dialogue that is about to be born here!  It'll probably all conclude with a big happy hugfest too!!

#4 Necrozius

Necrozius

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:55 PM

Yeah I'll contribute a hug...

USING ONLY RED RECKLESS DICE FOR MY "TO HUG" ROLL!

#5 Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:47 PM

Necronomicus said:

Please don't allude to DnD in these forums. Its like comparing McDonalds to a 5 star resturant.    McDonalds being DnD no matter what edition. (just cuz its the first don't make it at all any good) and a 5 star resturant being WHFRP

Its apples and martians comparisons.   Please people If you are going to compare the new 3ed or even WHFRP in general to any other game system. Please refer to games that actually have more than 1 star to their credit.

That is your opinion, and while others here might share it not everyone does. You don't make the posting rules here, so I'll feel free to make whatever comparisons that I want. 

I enjoy WFRP for the type of play it offers , I enjoy D&D for the things that it has to offer.arrogant people gathered in one place. 

#6 Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:48 PM

That last part was meant to be.. "I've never seen so many arrogant and codescending people gathered in once place." 

#7 macd21

macd21

• Members
  • 913 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:51 PM

Don't feed the troll.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS