• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rattleshirt

Rattleshirt

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:47 AM

Success to the RAF!

Last night was my first real game of DoW (as opposed to me just moving two planes around the mat and trying to outthink myself - more of a rules learning exercise).

In any case, my opponent (who is also a beginner) and I used the basic rules, nothing new.  I flew two Hurricanes, my opponent a Messerschmitt and a Dewointe D.520.  Short story is I won having shot down the D.520 and the Messerschmitt found itself flying off the board.  I lost one Hurricane that was shot full of holes but still flying as it went off the board right before the Bf-109.

Awesome game!  We're both hooked.  The conversation quickly moved to buying models and such. Which brings me to a question.  Any good 1/200 airplane model companies out there?  I'm certainly going to grab some WoW Spitfires, but I'd also like some Hurricanes...  any suggestions?  Thanks!

Steve B

#2 schoon

schoon

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:26 AM

Welcome to the addiction!

You can try www.navigatorminiatures.com/prodtype.asp or www.helmet-aircraft-200.co.uk/ or www.skytrex.com/

...and if you find a source that has an Italian Freccia in 1:200, you're required to tell me!

#3 Pour Le Merite

Pour Le Merite

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:14 AM

Rattleshirt said:

Success to the RAF!

Last night was my first real game of DoW (as opposed to me just moving two planes around the mat and trying to outthink myself - more of a rules learning exercise).

In any case, my opponent (who is also a beginner) and I used the basic rules, nothing new.  I flew two Hurricanes, my opponent a Messerschmitt and a Dewointe D.520.  Short story is I won having shot down the D.520 and the Messerschmitt found itself flying off the board.  I lost one Hurricane that was shot full of holes but still flying as it went off the board right before the Bf-109.

Awesome game!  We're both hooked.  The conversation quickly moved to buying models and such. Which brings me to a question.  Any good 1/200 airplane model companies out there?  I'm certainly going to grab some WoW Spitfires, but I'd also like some Hurricanes...  any suggestions?  Thanks!

Steve B

www.skytrex.com/ The Action 1/200 serie should be enough for you, they have a lot of planes. The price varies from £5:50 (most small fighters like the Hawker Hurricane and Fw 190) to £15 (Wellington and Ju52). You should however order a bunch since the freight cost makes it rather expensive if you just buy a plane each.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS