Strategies

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:32 AM

What approaches, strategies, methods etc do you guys take during the game.
Both early on, mid-game and late-game?

#2 CTuxford

CTuxford

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:30 PM

Make sure you get a city straight away. Usually, assault a 100 size city with your -100 casualties leader so you can't get hurt. If i can, I'll besiege Lenz ASAP to get a good second base. The major thing to do is exploit and promote any opponents beef with another and try to hit someone hard when you do so they can't hit you back. Use the trade routes to look like a good guy by cooperating with your neighbours and even bless them if you can. Don't pick at your opponents like a stupid crow. All it does is make them target you in subsequent actions. If you are going to do something negative make it devastating. Even try to bless the enemy of your enemy. That one's a real beauty! 

Disguise all ill intent at all times. A smart mouth from one of the other players has handed me the game several times. I was never a target, always a nice guy, and won all bar a couple of my games.

"Caress or annihilate". Listen to Niccolo's advice!

#3 mylastnerv

mylastnerv

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:36 AM

CTuxford said:

Make sure you get a city straight away. Usually, assault a 100 size city with your -100 casualties leader so you can't get hurt. If i can, I'll besiege Lenz ASAP to get a good second base. The major thing to do is exploit and promote any opponents beef with another and try to hit someone hard when you do so they can't hit you back. Use the trade routes to look like a good guy by cooperating with your neighbours and even bless them if you can. Don't pick at your opponents like a stupid crow. All it does is make them target you in subsequent actions. If you are going to do something negative make it devastating. Even try to bless the enemy of your enemy. That one's a real beauty! 

Disguise all ill intent at all times. A smart mouth from one of the other players has handed me the game several times. I was never a target, always a nice guy, and won all bar a couple of my games.

"Caress or annihilate". Listen to Niccolo's advice!

Excellent advice . . . I've seen in our few games thus far how this just plays out perfectly. I do find myself Sieging alot more often than just assaulting for instant effects. I prob shouldn't be so timid at times.

#4 KONRAD

KONRAD

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:33 PM

that sounds neat-o. anyone else have a good gameplay styles to check out?

#5 Gunshy

Gunshy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:17 PM

overseas cities asap. even the 200 strong ones are worth the hassel. u don't even need 2 commit a lot of man power to take em. abuse advancements. i try to use 3 or 4 nobles early on to capture a decent amount of cities early and then consolidate the nobles usually using the +1 victory or 100 casualties.

#6 josey wales

josey wales

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:55 AM

Grabbing cities straightaway is key.  I like to get neighboring cities under my control  to kind of build my own region.  I like to have one port so I can hit an overseas city as soon as I can.  I rarely get involved in conflicts with other players early in the game.  I like to build my armies so that when they hit, they are a force to be reckoned with.  Of course, most plans depend on who your opponents are.  Plans may have to be accelerated or abandoned.  That's why I love this game, it never plays out the same way. 

#7 Kopos

Kopos

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:07 AM

Well, i usually move one of my nobles overseas and i've never regreted it! i guess that every player  that wants to move overseas is trying to get richer so everyone chooses a city and siege it. i've never assaulted a overseas city (i like to play with my four nobles at the beggining so i split my 6 troops by them)

About assaulting neutral cities well....i gotta say that when you do it, make sure you're using the right noble because yesterday my opponent took 3 turns to defeat a 100 strength sity with the O noble...sometimes its just better to siege. but yes i agree....having at least a city in your 1st turn is very good because it gives you influence right away and it allows your noble to be somewhere else. but that doesnt mean its easy...

About Assembly and Church...if i have to play cards to be only one of them, i prefer the church.....me and my friends are very afraid indeed of those red cards. They're nasty and can ruin your strategy! i've lost a game because of it: i had a noble right next to an enemy city with much more strenght and i was obliged to take a red card and guess what he died. Nevertheless, get votes everynow and then because there are some laws/offices that can make you win the game!

oh and never forget that you can move from one point of the kingdom map to another by sea....most people tend to forget that:)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS