Illumination map pack

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 egalor

egalor

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:07 PM

Alas folks, I had to move my lazy butt and do these maps myself, because there were none available anywhere (at least, I didn't find any on the web).

Here goes the 1.0 version of the map pack for the scenario in question. Please note these maps are intended to be used in the notebooks (absolutely not printer-friendly) and in Excel (tested for Excel 2007).

[See my latest post for the link.]

There you will find an Excel file, containing appropriately named sheets. Some of those sheets contain scanned map layouts directly from the book, as well as authentic maps designed using the in-built Excel graphics engine. Plus: weapon templates, soldiers and some additional art (thanks to Darth Smeg).

I'm intending to give these maps a try next week. So, please give me feedback on that - if you like it, I will develop it further.

Comments are welcome.

Note for FFG staff: please notify me, if you consider your copyright infringed by reproducing those maps without your permission. I will remove the file immediately upon receipt of such notice.

#2 egalor

egalor

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:15 AM

Here goes an improved version.

It is strictly under Excel 2007 (.xlsx file).

Improvements are:

- a better looking open topped vehicle;

- Scarab cruiser w/twin heavy bolter added.

About 3 megs.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2ha1p2

#3 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:32 PM

That looks rather good, mate!

The square-size seems to be off on the map for the Steading house, but apart from that it looks real nice. Do you use seamless tiles for the background in the desert-maps? I've been meaning to get back to this project, but it's been busy lately (excuses, excuse, I know)

Tarald - The Dark Lord of Smeg

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on

My House Rules for using Only War (and more) for Dark Heresy games

#4 egalor

egalor

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

Darth Smeg said:

That looks rather good, mate!

The square-size seems to be off on the map for the Steading house, but apart from that it looks real nice. Do you use seamless tiles for the background in the desert-maps? I've been meaning to get back to this project, but it's been busy lately (excuses, excuse, I know)

As for the Steading House I intended to ignore Excel grid completely, as it exists on the map itself.

Background: I used tiles I've found at rpgmapshare. Those tiles mostly make very nice textures, as they really look seamless.

Currently I'm drawing more art, like top-down human figures with gunz!

Maybe I'll renew the file by the end the day.

#5 egalor

egalor

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:13 AM

Where did that 'Edit' button go away??

Anyway, here's the update. Added:

- humanz with gunz!

- bikes are now with humans on them

- special effects (like muzzle flash and explosion)

- Port Suffering Alleyway (early version) including new concrete/brick houses and steel barrels

Size has increased considerably due to extensive use of 3rd party textures (now 12+ megs).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lfxixe

#6 egalor

egalor

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:37 AM

Here are the maps for the Illumination (the final version - fully usable by players and GMs alike).

New major features (in addition to the previous versions):

- new thematic art (Aristarchus surrounded by his Tarot deck; Tsyak; Voicers);

- a separate map for Stern Hope siege by the Voicers;

- Kos'ke Warriors are placed on the Steading House map.

Please note, that this map is aimed to depict only complicated battles, where positioning could mean difference between life and death. In this regard, any "generic" encounters, including those of "1 against all" type should better be played without pre-drawn maps (make them on the fly), or without maps whatsoever, to conserve time.

I will give a try to these maps next time we start Illumination. Hopefully, somebody will find it useful. Please post comments/questions here.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/h9etlm (about 13 megs).

#7 Nojo509

Nojo509

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:56 AM

FYI: My Virus checker, McCaffee, red flagged the sendspace site. I got out as fast as I could, so didn't take the time to read the warning. It does that if a site is known for downloading spyware and other malware onto your computer.

#8 egalor

egalor

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:57 AM

Nojo509 said:

FYI: My Virus checker, McCaffee, red flagged the sendspace site. I got out as fast as I could, so didn't take the time to read the warning. It does that if a site is known for downloading spyware and other malware onto your computer.

Ok, here goes the same from rapidshare:

http://rapidshare.de/files/48298346/Dark_Heresy_Maps.xlsx.html

#9 thewitcher83

thewitcher83

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

Could somebody please upload those maps again, I am starting to gm this adventure and those maps would really help 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS