Fan site

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Allavandrel

Allavandrel

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:03 AM

Has anyone plans of making a fan site for Warhammer LCG such as Tzumainn's site for A Game of Thrones LCG?

Allavandrel Fanmaris

Master-of-the-Hunt

#2 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:11 AM

Yes, I'm in discussion with a buddy of mine about putting together a functional yet attractive site for fans.  :)  I'll post more as it moves forward (which will be soon, I hope).  :)

"SHOW ME WHAT PASSES FOR FURY AMONGST YOUR MISBEGOTTEN KIND!"

W40K: Conquest LCG Facebook Page - https://www.facebook...35904116588456/

#3 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:38 AM

On that same topic - what would people like to see in a website for this cool game?

#4 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:55 AM

You know how like GW makes battle reports of their games (fabricated fo sho)?

That'd be cool for Warhammer Invasion too!

#5 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:04 AM

First of all let's get this outta the way:

Now. Full spoilers like Tzu has up on his site as each Battle Pack gets disclosed would be great. Articles that can generate some discussions by way of showcasing specific cards or combos would be welcome too.

#6 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:07 AM

Thanks, those are (admittedly) things I'd hoped to include with this site.  Please keep the feedback and suggestions coming.  Thank you!

#7 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:27 AM

Is there anyway to get involved in building your site?

I have some experience with websites (mainly Typo3 with Templa Voila) and I could do the german translations.

#8 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:23 AM

I'll have to check with my website programmer - it'll probably be in WordPress (that's his choice, for what it's worth) and we'll go from there.  I'll let ya know.  :)  We're going to try and get a good amount of the groundwork and work done this Friday night, hopefully.

#9 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:49 AM

Uh, wordpress.
I found it useful for a quick blog.
But for a real website, it what to less for me.
Bad template structure...

#10 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:01 AM

A forum to go with it. A lore/Fluff section. Section for discussing decks, rules etc.
And on the site itself previews that are circulating on the net, deckbuilds, overviews of matches, a link to the online rulebook,...

#11 Thee Forsaken One

Thee Forsaken One

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:10 AM

May I suggest unofficial FAQ compilations as well as links to any official FAQs that might be released in the lifetime of the game. Apart from that everyone else has suggested what I would look for in a Warhammer: Invasion fan site.

#12 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:33 AM

TheeforsakenOne said:

May I suggest unofficial FAQ compilations as well as links to any official FAQs that might be released in the lifetime of the game. Apart from that everyone else has suggested what I would look for in a Warhammer: Invasion fan site.

Yep that would be handy. A faq pdf that's frequently updated or just a faq on the webpage itself.

#13 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:59 AM

does it need to have forums? wouldn't it be easier to just check here for stuff like that? (especially if they had lots of sub-forums along the lines of CoC and AGoT)

card search is my #1 concern (which you may not have thought of). With the abilty to search not only based on text, but also on resource and loyalty (as separate fields) as well.

after that i wouldn't mind a win tracking thing per faction (tough to so, but if you made it possible for user input it might work) as i like to see which faction is doing well in different areas.

#14 Thee Forsaken One

Thee Forsaken One

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

I think it would be unusual for a fan site not to have a forum, even if it was just solely concerning the site itself and not the actual game. It's a very useful system for getting feedback from users, even if not always the most useful feedback.

#15 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:41 PM

the site referenced above doesn't have a forum per se. what it has is a card rating system and a way to post comments/questions via specific cards. it also has a way to post decks to the website. I like that it doesn't have a forum as i don't feel like i missed anything if i don't check it for a few days and if there is a conversation going on about a card i am interested in it won't get buried and i can jump in on older cards that might have came out before i joined the game. Most importantly i don;t have to dig through forum post after forum post to find what i want i can go straight to the card/faction/set i am interested in.

I'd love if something similar could be done for WI, but i think i assumed it would be since the OP referenced the AGoT site.

for reference:http://www.tzumainn.com/agot/

#16 Thee Forsaken One

Thee Forsaken One

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

I like the idea although I think a forum would be useful too for the reasons I mentioned above. For feedback on specific cards I think that's good but then again comments can be buried just as easily (If not more easily) as forum posts. Personally I think both would be good.

#17 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:37 PM

TheeforsakenOne said:

I like the idea although I think a forum would be useful too for the reasons I mentioned above. For feedback on specific cards I think that's good but then again comments can be buried just as easily (If not more easily) as forum posts. Personally I think both would be good.

Personally I see a forum as being a must. All things concentrated on the same location. Always handy.

#18 ChaosChild

ChaosChild

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:15 PM

Lars said:

card search is my #1 concern (which you may not have thought of). With the abilty to search not only based on text, but also on resource and loyalty (as separate fields) as well.

I recently wrote a card search/deckbuilder/collection tracker application for the Fight Klub CCG which would be fairly straightforward to adapt to WI, if anybody's interested that is. If you want to see what the original's like you can download it from here.

#19 Thee Forsaken One

Thee Forsaken One

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:18 AM

Darthvegeta800 said:

TheeforsakenOne said:

Personally I see a forum as being a must. All things concentrated on the same location. Always handy.

We're largely in agreement then.  I think forum is of a higher priority than comments for individual cards.

#20 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:22 AM

I still don't get the need for a second forum. I could see it if there was no official forum that could cover everything thing that the fan site one would cover. You talk about being handy to have it all in one place, but with a fan site forum you would have 2 forums to check...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS