Photo

Seattle aGoT Regionals (and Warhammer if we get it in time!)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rings

rings

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:01 PM

Hey all,

Time for my annual aGoT blow out! Everything must go! :) Out of my beer fridge that is.

Usually it is earlier in the year, but that didnt' work this year. So, we are having it this fall. 9/26/09 to be precise.

For those of you who don't know, we have a great time. My wife is vacating out wonderful, pretty big house (I married well, as do we all) and we play both at www.firstpickgames.com and after that at my house. It is a blast at both locals, especially the 3am playing after a few drinks and Best of Will Farrell (if the moon was made of spare ribs, would you eat it...it is a simple quesiton).

I am pretty sure I have a little Cali coming up, and hopefully Oregon. Then we have our Washington folks, and hopefully Canada. Lastly, even Luke made...lukewarm comments about making it. But I would love to have EVERYONE to enjoy Seattle in September (sleepless?).

We will also play with CoC (never get old) and Warhammer if it is out in time.

Thanks!

Matt.

Oh, King eh? Very nice...

#2 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:44 AM

No offense but I think you probably shouldn't post this here if it's only a slim "maybe if we get time" chance that Warhammer: Invasion will get played.  If someone eagerly shows up and then you don't have the time, they may be quite annoyed.

Rather than advertise the slim chance of W:I being played here, I would have just mentioned it to your local LCG group and hoped for the best from them.  I know I wouldn't show up if for an event where "maybe" the game I wanted to play might get played.

Not trying to be mean here, just explaining why you may not see any W:I players there.  ;)

#3 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

rings - I already sent you a PM with my contact info, but definitely keep me in the loop if it turns out there will be Warhammer Invasoin being played...

#4 rings

rings

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:45 PM

Wytefang - not sure what the harm is really, at least enough for you to bump the post...if nothing else I have 3 sets that we can use with the new drafting rules.  Especially since I said maybe.  But whatever :)

Wamba I got your e-mail and will add you to the list for FFG game league day.  Feel free to stop by on the 26th if you want to see how the game looks and meet people, or we will see you in October after the formal release. 

#5 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:09 AM

Like I said, no offense intended - it just seemed like a slight waste of time since you were posting about a different game and not really committed to actually playing the game from the Forum you were specifically posting in.  Sort of weird but like you said, "whatever."  :)

I wish you good attendance for your Game of Throne game.

#6 rings

rings

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

No problem.

We will have a total of 5 sets between all of us to try the game out - come out and visit to get a taste of the future!  :)

#7 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:55 AM

rings - This event is officially on my calendar now and I'll definitely be there to play some pick-up games with the sets you all are kindly allowing people to use. I'd offer my own as well... except that I am still Invasion-less

Looking more long-term, I'm also interested in helping to promote the game, whether that's just sitting around on a Saturday offering to demo the game or running the occasional tournament/league. My work here in Seattle this year is generally confined to weekdays and I don't really have any other commitments yet, being new in the area and all... all of which is to say, I'm available to help. I imagine we'll talk more about this on the 26th and as the game gets closer to release.

#8 rings

rings

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

Sounds good - I PM'd you to try and get your e-mail address for the mass e-mails...did you send that?  I can't figure out how to use the dang system very well so lost what you already gave me...

See you on the 26th!

#9 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:46 AM

Mkay, I sent you my e-mail addy again... and also observed in the process that PMs from here are sent to my spam folder, which would explain why I hadn't noticed your message.

I noticed that the regional isn't listed on First Pick's website (yet)--any reason why?

Looking forward to it!

#10 The Nick-ler

The Nick-ler

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:32 PM

Rings puts on a helluva event. If there's a chance for W:I, I'd say show up. The AGoT folk are way cool and more than likely willing to give W:I a chance. If I were not so broke, I'd try and make it from Minnesota. Best of luck to all competitors.

#11 rings

rings

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:20 AM

wampa8jedi said:

Mkay, I sent you my e-mail addy again... and also observed in the process that PMs from here are sent to my spam folder, which would explain why I hadn't noticed your message.

I noticed that the regional isn't listed on First Pick's website (yet)--any reason why?

Looking forward to it!

Trying to get my old store to put something online that isn't Magic has been...difficult - although partially my fault for not getting it to him early.  ~I blame new management :)  But it is on their board in the store at least! 

Nicker sighting!  Good to hear from you!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS