Photo

The Warhammer Companion set mentioned in the Rulebook - when is it due?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:41 AM

I'm as excited as the next Gobbo over the announced Battle-Pack #1 with the Skaven BUT I'd like to know where that puts the release date for the Warhammer Invasion Companion Set mentioned in the Rulebook (in the section about Deck-building).  The Companion Set adds the Dark Elves and High Elves, ostensibly.   With the release of this fantastic game due in October (sigh...so far away...c'mon Christian, wave that magic wand, throw some clout around, let's get this game here sooner before all of our collective heads explode), I'm wondering when the Companion Set that adds the rest of the races will appear?

Anyone have any ideas, heard any rumors, anyone official want to explain about this to help sort out a bit of confusion here?

Many thanks!

#2 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

Sorry for the vague answer, but I remember FFG posting that the companion elf expansion will follow soon after the Core Set release. I personal guess is 4 to 6 weeks after CS release.

#3 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

No need to apologize for providing any info - many thanks.  That's what I thought I'd heard somewhere too but I'm not sure. 

This is an astoundingly GREAT LCG.  :D

#4 Mig el Pig

Mig el Pig

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

The local importer currently only has "Path of the Zealot "(november 2009) as  a upcoming product (next to core set and the skavenblight pack)

The forces of Destruction plague the Old World as the threat from Skavenblight spreads across the land, but the heroes and zealots of Order are more than ready to answer the call. The battle is on!

Seems like the creature from Ogre Kingdoms

#5 ChaosChild

ChaosChild

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:39 AM

Yep, that's a Yhetee.

Cool (no pun intended) 

#6 Tallgeese

Tallgeese

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:21 AM

Please, not Ogre Kingdms, they suck and blow at the same time..................

#7 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:21 AM

If ogres are chaos, it woudl be great.

If they are order, some more enemys to rip the head off.

#8 Penek

Penek

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:38 AM

Ogre's was always DestructionNeutral side.. more like orks.. they don't care about other races.

#9 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:26 AM

Path of the Zealot is certainly a very un-ogre-ish name.

My best guess would be more chaos (as they are generally associated with zealots) with a smattering of ogre kingdom units in the same way as the Skaven booster pack.

Osiris

(EDIT: at the same time the pack says 'heroes and zealots of order'.)

#10 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:02 PM

Looks great!

Hopefully Bretonnia and the Undead will pop up soon.

#11 ChaosChild

ChaosChild

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:19 AM

To me, "zealot" would suggest imperial flagellants and witch hunters as well as chaos cultists. Zealots on both sides.

#12 milhouse46

milhouse46

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:16 AM

I know that Zealots in the Warhammer Online game are the equivalent of priests/cultists for the Chaos.

#13 Thee Forsaken One

Thee Forsaken One

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:33 PM

Zealot pack info: www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS