• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:16 AM

I think the first thing I'm going to houserule is MORE IMPERIAL HUMAN DIVERSITY just like 2E.  One of my pet peeves about the plethora of editions of various games out there (especially D&D) is that humans are treated as somehow less populous and diverse than they ought to be.  I'm annoyed that there will be hordes of elves suddenly thrust into my game as essentially one of 3 "racial" choices..and players dont' know they're inappropriate for most games..  Yes, I understand that there will be halflings, ogres, and probably Bretonnians way down the road..but I'm getting an early start if it's not already in the "Adventurer's boxed set."

jh

#2 Hellebore

Hellebore

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:27 AM

It depends how varied the human starts in the first place. The dice will be very similar, but starting skills and talents may change. there won't be any characteristic differences though, especially as character creation is points buy.

I'm not sure what else you can do to try and differentiate them.

Hellebore

#3 jackdays

jackdays

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:39 AM

Did you notice that Racial choises for WFRP3 corebox Humans were REIKLAND HUMANS?

That could mean there is going to be somekind of "Sigmar's Heirs" -boxed-set, with rest of the Provinces. And if we really push all the money out of consumers (as fans), then there is separate box for each nation, with human racial stats for provinces, dukedoms or some other way...

This is something I hoped to be in the WFRP3 Core rules. It would have been nice if Old World wide of racial possibilities would have been in one box (the first one). This meaning Empire-folk, Bretonnians, Wastelanders, Kislevians, Tileans, Estalians and probably Border Princes. More details about each nation could have been in separate sources, but this info would have been in starter set.

Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to www.kalevalahammer.com

Enter freely and of your own free will, and leave some of your happiness...

kalevalahammer@gmail.com

#4 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:53 AM

JD, I suppose I could wait for some other product to come out, but I dont' think I will.  I'm impatient that way.

jh

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS