Trying to get a little input from those of you who already have the game. I've created a new rule for Ship Stores, and wanted to see how it looked to others and get your opinions. This is another stat that goes on the ship record sheet along with crew moral and crew population. As a note, some of the effects such are ship board sickness and weary machine spirit are based on rules in the RT core book.
The explorer's ship holds enough supplies and fuel to last about 6 months or so for smaller hull types and up to several years for some of the heavier hulls before needing to resupply. The supply of the ship is represented by a scale of 100 to 0, with each point representing a number of days (depending on the hull type) of travel away from port without making aquisitions to resupply. As the supplies began to dwindle, misfortunes can happen that hamper the ship and crews efficiency and moral.
A ship may ration its supplies, making each point worth double the number of days, but in doing so, the ships moral is reduced by 1 point for every day spent on rations. (this is an area I'm trying to decide on. My other option would be every point of ship stores spent on rations reduced moral by 1 point)
To resupply, the ship must find a suitable anchorage and spend time and money resupplying. As a ship is brought up to full supply compacity, it losses effects to moral, speed and maneuverability (accept those lost to damaged components), but must still make aquisitions to gain new crew and make repairs.
HULL TYPE SHIP STORES COMPACITY
- Transport: 1 point of ship stores equals 4 days
- Raider: 1 point of ships stores equals 1 day
- Frigates: 1 point of ship stores equals 2 days
- Light Cruiser: 1 point of ship stores equals 6 days
- Cruiser: 1 point of ship stores equals 8 days
ANCHORAGE RESUPPLY CAPABILITES
- Uninhabited World: Acquisition (not required) Supplies Gained (2 per week, Max 10)
- Inhabited Undeveloped World: Acquisition (-30) Supplies Gained (5 per week, Max 20)
- Inhabited Lightly Developed World: Acquisition (-20) Supplies Gained (10 per week, max 30 )
- Inhabited Heavily Developed Word: Acquisition (-10) Supplies Gained (20 per week, No Max)
- Shipyards, Forgewords, Spaceports: Acquisition (0) Supplies Gained (30 per week, No Max )
SHIP STORES LOSS EFFECTS
- 100: Normal Operations onboard the Ship
- 60: Weary Machine Spirit: Successful (Challenging +0) Tech-Use test or ship suffers a damaged component.
- 50: Shipboard Sickness: Successful (Challenging +0) Medicae test or the ship losses 1d5 population
- 40: Weary Machine Spirit: Successful (Hard -20) Tech-Use test or the ship suffers -1 to speed and -10 to Maneuverability and suffers a damage component.
- 30: Shipboard Sickness: Successful (Hard -20) Medicae test or the ships population and moral are reduced by 1d5
- 20: On Reserves: The ship suffers a -1 to speed, -10 to Maneuverability (in addition to any already imposed), and losses 1d5 moral
- 10: Running Low: The ship suffers a lose of ammo on a role of 97-100 during Shooting, Moral is reduced by 1d10 and crew is reduced by 1d10.
- 0: A drift and starvation: The ship has run out of all stores and can no longer move or maneuver under it's own power and has no ammo for weapons if they havn't already ran out. In addition, the ship will suffer 1 loss of crew population and a loss of 2 to moral every day it is a drift.