Indirect Damage and Other Questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rykaar

Rykaar

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

First post, so forgive me if some of these questions have been asked.

1. Is there such a thing as indirect damage?  If a card damages all units, does it target any one?  Basically, does Church of Sigmar protect any units in this situation?

2. If a unit takes enough damage to kill it, does it die immediately?  Specifically, if it takes the damage as a declared attacker or defender, before damage is normally resolved?

3. Corrupt units can't attack or defend.  Can they use other effects?  I'm guessing they can, but wanted to know.

4. Rip Dere 'Eads Off: it says "target development" implying "ANY" since it doesn't specifiy whose, but then says "sacrifice" implying "your own".  Which is it?  I really wish this card had been better worded.

5.  Back to indirect damage from a different angle: Followers of Mork.  It says each PLAYER takes 2 indirect damage, which they can allocate as they see fit.  Does this include both zones and units or just zones?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Marius

Marius

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:56 PM

1) There is a thing called indirect damage. You choose a player to receive indirect damage and they have to distribute it amongst their Units and Capital.

Church of Sigmar reads: "Kingdom. Opponents cannot target your units with card effects unless they pay an additional 1 resource per effect." - cards that deal indirect damage don't target units, so the Church doesn't help. Opponents can soak up indirect damage by assigning it to units with toughness, as to prevent some or all of the damage.

2) Yes. For example, if your Crooked Tree Goblins (1 power, 1 HP) attacks my Kingdom, and I have Reiksguard Knights (Counterstrike 2) there, and declare them as defender, I can deal 2 damage to your Goblins even before normal damage is assigned. This will most likely kill the Goblins, removing them from combat even before normal damage will be assigned and dealt.

3) Yes, they can use their other abilities, unless stated otherwise.

4) In this case, you can sacrifice an opponents' card.

5) Both their own Capital (zones) and Units.

#3 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:24 AM

Rykaar said:

5.  Back to indirect damage from a different angle: Followers of Mork.  It says each PLAYER takes 2 indirect damage, which they can allocate as they see fit.  Does this include both zones and units or just zones?

Thanks in advance!

Maruis has all the answers absolutely spot on.

For question 5, there is no specific reference that mentions how to distrubute indirect damage, but if you refer to the orc preview found here:

http://www.fantasyfl...ws.asp?eidn=732

then you'll find this passage:

” In their arsenal can be found cards that do indirect damage (this is damage that players allocate among their own units and capital any way they want).

Which is actually more specific than the ruling in the rulebook. Hope that helps

Osiris

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS