Request: Card Sized Capitol Cards

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Atrix

Atrix

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:40 AM

Would anyone out there with some photoshop skill mind taking on a project?  I think it would be really convenient if we could get three normal sized zone cards instead of using the cardboard mat.  So, I was thinking someone could use a scan of the board to make those cards.  If anyone is interested, please let me know.  I can provide scans of the boards if you need them.

#2 Tallgeese

Tallgeese

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:56 AM

On the flip side of this, I'd like to see 3D versions of the cards, would be cool imo to have an actual Dwarven fortress on the table in front of me.......

#3 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:07 AM

Tallgeese said:

On the flip side of this, I'd like to see 3D versions of the cards, would be cool imo to have an actual Dwarven fortress on the table in front of me.......

You used to be able to get these 3-D mini burning fires too. They represented heavy fire on the battlefield and used to be available in GW 'Epic' Tabletop game. How awesome would they be to represent a burning zone

#4 Penek

Penek

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:37 AM

they could me made as some books for kids.. you open it, and get big nasty something in 3d. And i'm pretty sure they can fit it in to card size (it will be just more thick and thats all).

#5 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:40 AM

I just tell my opponent "I'm dwarf" or whatever, and then play from there. Use a d12 for damage. Things to the left of my deck are kingdom, right is quest, forward battlefeild... pretty simple.

#6 Dobbler

Dobbler

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:51 AM

The "House Cards" in A Game of Thrones are the same size as normal cards.  I don't see any reason why the Capitals for Warhammer could not be reduced to the size of a normal card and reprinted by FFG.  The power symbols should be left exactly the same size while the rest of the capital card reduces.

#7 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

Hey, FFG need a reason to pack some (cheap) cards in a 40$ box. So oversized capitols.

#8 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

jogo said:

Hey, FFG need a reason to pack some (cheap) cards in a 40$ box. So oversized capitols.

Wouldn't smaller capitals be cheaper?

Osiris

#9 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:38 AM

Yeah, but woould then be the reason to use the standard box and not some card game box (or a kind if red novemeber squeezing).

#10 Lucas Blackwolf

Lucas Blackwolf

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:36 AM

http://www.litkoaero.com/page/LAI/PROD/TS/TS027-LG

#11 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:26 AM

Lucas Blackwolf said:

http://www.litkoaero.com/page/LAI/PROD/TS/TS027-LG

Awesome find. There ya go TG, ready made markers for your 3D idead

#12 HomerJ

HomerJ

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:04 AM

Actually, what would be REALLY nice is a 3-sided spin-down counter, like the kinds offered to Magic and Vs players over the years.  A heavyduty, plastic card with the Capital art, and 3 spinning dials to track burn (into the negatives, of course).

examples:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_supplies.php?viewType=Life+Counters&info1=Life+Counter

Or even in pewter?!

http://www.dark-platypus.com/lifecounters.htm

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS