Jump to content



Photo

Skavenblight Threat Battle Pack


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Finkin

Finkin

    Member

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:52 PM

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/15694.html

The Skavenblight Threat Battle Pack is the first monthly expansion for Warhammer: Invasion, adding the cunning, rat-like skaven to the game. Like the expansions for Fantasy Flight’s other LCGs, each Skavenblight Threat pack contains all 20 of the new cards in the set and retails for $9.95.



#2 vermillian

vermillian

    Member

  • Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:17 PM

Yep. Hot stuff.

Now skaven probably will not be a new alliance... perhaps just nuetral allies? but would they REALLY be recruitable by Order? ... maybe they'll have a Destro loyalty cost or something... (that can be discounted if you have Destro guys).



#3 Ruvion

Ruvion

    Member

  • Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

vermillian said:

 

Yep. Hot stuff.

Now skaven probably will not be a new alliance... perhaps just nuetral allies? but would they REALLY be recruitable by Order? ... maybe they'll have a Destro loyalty cost or something... (that can be discounted if you have Destro guys).

 

 

Remember there are already cards that bear the text: 'Order only' or 'Destruction only.' Creating new icons for Order or Destruction is not needed.



#4 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

    Member

  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

They'll probably be Disorder.



#5 Osiris

Osiris

    Member

  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:58 PM

Oh wow! news already! And its the funny little ratmen :) Break out the cheese traps........

 

I guess Skaven do sit in the side of neutral (edging towards destruction), so am expecting them to be destruction themselves. Would give FFG an ovation if they do take them down the neutral route though.

 

They have in the past assassinated 'evil' characters for their own greater good.



#6 Tallgeese

Tallgeese

    Member

  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:07 PM

 For all Skaven have a hatred of all races, including their own at times, they will have to Destruction, it's their main aim in life............

 They can just balance against them with Dwarves, the eternal enemy, Gotrek and Felix cards anyone? 



#7 Osiris

Osiris

    Member

  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:21 PM

So lets assume that skaven will be Destruction.

That gives destruction - orcs, chaos, dark elves + skaven and

Order - empire, dwarves and High elves.

 

So whats the bets on the next order race being?! Brettonians?

 

Osiris



#8 Osiris

Osiris

    Member

  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:22 PM

Tallgeese said:

 For all Skaven have a hatred of all races, including their own at times, they will have to Destruction, it's their main aim in life............

 They can just balance against them with Dwarves, the eternal enemy, Gotrek and Felix cards anyone? 

 

Felix FTW!



#9 Tallgeese

Tallgeese

    Member

  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:10 AM

Osiris said:

So lets assume that skaven will be Destruction.

That gives destruction - orcs, chaos, dark elves + skaven and

Order - empire, dwarves and High elves.

 

So whats the bets on the next order race being?! Brettonians?

 

Osiris

 The Skaven have had major battles with every race in the old world, but there is a famous one against the Bretts, so that would fit. My vote would be for Wood Elves, who have had many a run in with the furry vermin, and who I play in Warhammer any way.



#10 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

    Member

  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:15 AM

My three favourite WH:F races are: Chaos Warriors, Dark Elves and Brettonia. So i'm hoping for Brettonia.



#11 jogo

jogo

    Member

  • Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:35 AM

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=754

Looks like some Skaven cards only for chaos. And some cards for each faction.

 

Hopefully each card is three times in a pack. But that is probably too much hope.

So 3 packs for me.



#12 Jypsy

Jypsy

    Member

  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:22 AM

Well I am thrilled at this myself!

While not a huge Skaven fan personally, I am doing regular demos at my store and offering discounts to those that demo that preorder the game.
One of the guys said that he would only play if he could play skaven, and now he is super psyched for the LCG!

A couple other people's ears perked up at the skaven news, so hopefully this will excite the players into getting into this right away.

 



#13 Finkin

Finkin

    Member

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:52 AM

jogo said:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=754

Looks like some Skaven cards only for chaos. And some cards for each faction.

 

Hopefully each card is three times in a pack. But that is probably too much hope.

So 3 packs for me.

 

I'm sure it'll follow the standard they have already set with AGoT and CoC.  40 cards with a breakdown of 10x3 and 10x1.  So if you want a full set of "rares" you will need to buy three packs.



#14 Marius

Marius

    Member

  • Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:50 AM

Marius the Righteous is where it's at.



#15 jogo

jogo

    Member

  • Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:19 AM

Finkin said:

 

 

I'm sure it'll follow the standard they have already set with AGoT and CoC.  40 cards with a breakdown of 10x3 and 10x1.  So if you want a full set of "rares" you will need to buy three packs.

 

 

Hopefully than it is enough for a full Skaven Fun Deck.



#16 Osiris

Osiris

    Member

  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:16 AM

"This first pack features the services of Greyseer Thanquol, Clan Rats, and the awe-inspiring majesty of the Warp Lightning Cannon!"

 

ER!.....Can anyone say SOLD x 3 quicker than I can!

 

My favourite Warhammer character and my favourite war machine in 1 pack. I say GODDAM!

 

Osiris

 

Edit: Forgive my jubilence. But Waheeeeeeeeeeey!



#17 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

    Member

  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:25 AM

I'm above all pleased about Malus Darkblade being in there.
Together with Archaeon, he's my favourite WH:F char.



#18 maida

maida

    Member

  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:51 AM

damn I was hoping skaven would be a separate faction.. oh well..



#19 cmo

cmo

    Member

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:43 AM

Hopefully, there will be a Screaming Bell, and some rat packs, my fav skaven units.



#20 dormouse

dormouse

    LCG Designer

  • Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:07 AM

maida said:

damn I was hoping skaven would be a separate faction.. oh well..

Actually they may be. In A Game of Thrones there are 6 factions, but the Core Set only had 4 in them. The other two factions were included in their monthly packs, and after a certain amount of time, expansions were announced turning them into fully playable factions on their own. The first one has already been released and the second one is slated in the fall. I wouldn't be surprised if W:I was being developed in a similar fashion with two additional factions eventually being released. If I had to guess it would be Skaven and Brittonia... but these are guesses.

One thing for sure is that the Skaven will NOT be able to field a full deck of their own cards for a while.


"words are like arrows, once loosened you cannot call them back"





© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS