Photo

Warhammer 3ed and Warhammer Online - same setting?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dzawor

Dzawor

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:26 AM

Hello

I’m sorry if that matter has been already discussed somewhere here on the forums (if so I have overlooked it....) but I have a question which is really important to me - Is the new setting represented in 3 edition (whole background story etc.) close to Warhammer Online MMO. By - close I mean will there be an destruction "alliance" of Dark Elves, Greenskins and Chaos? Will Tzeentch be dominating on the chaos side? How much 3edition is influenced by Mythic game, as I think Warhammer Invasion is.

What do you think?

#2 Steerpike

Steerpike

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:36 AM

No idea.

I like Warhammer Online, personally. But for the FRPG I'd rather see the setting closer to what has come before than what is in the Warhammer Online game. But it wouldn't surprise me entirely to see FFG go down a path similar to what Mythic did, where you have a more defined set of united bad guys, and then the united 'good' guys.  It also wouldn't surprise me to see the 'good' guys fall into more traditional 'good' archetypes in fantasy, rather than being the anti-hero types of good guys, or the guys who happen to be on the side of law but are right nasty bastards.

It seems like having characters, NPCs, monsters, etc. fall along more traditional good v. evil lines might appeal to younger players.  Personally, I love the blurred lines between good and evil in the Warhammer world, where someone like a Witchhunter of Sigmar, ostensibly on the side of 'good' or law, could be one of the most evil people you'll ever meet.

#3 Fox

Fox

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:37 AM

I hope it's not the case if they take the system and the background of Age Of Reckoning the MMO i am not in. For the LCG Invasion i understand for the mecanics, but not for a table RPG.

To live is to die.

#4 Dzawor

Dzawor

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:55 PM

FFG - Thank you very much for answering my question here - http://www.fantasyfl...le-play-faq.pdf

Now I'm truly interested :))

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS