Photo

Rip Dere 'Eads off! + Bloodthirster combo (and any other combos in general)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:22 AM

Evening all.

So in an an effort to encourage a debate about the spoiled cards thus far, and to hear stories of magnificent victories or marginal defeats I thought I would throw a nice little combo out there:

Anyone fancy a turn 1 (yes a turn 1 Bloodthirster)?

Lay your 'Thirster as a development in your capital phase. Flip it over with 'Rip Dere 'Eads off!, and smash to the opponents (probably) unguarded capital city!!

Of course the combo can be more versatile if you lay down Grimgor, flipping him will destroy all developments and support cards in their corresponding zone before serving a helping to their face :)

Any way..... so what other amazing combos have people found so far?

I'm betting a Will of Tzeentch followed by a Slaneeshs Domination is a sure cheap way to make some enemies :)

Osiris

#2 jlmott

jlmott

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:50 AM

positively evil. i like it :)

#3 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:34 AM

It's all about the chaos baby! :P

#4 Marius

Marius

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:05 AM

I don't think Grimgor / Rip will work. :(

Rip Dere 'Eads Off!:

Action: Turn one target development faceup. If it is a unit, leave it in play and sacrifice it at the end of the turn. Otherwise, sacrifice it immediately.

and:

Grimgore Ironhide:

Forced: After this unit enters play, destroy all support cards and developments in each player's corresponding zone.

Note that Rip doesn't actually put it into play, but turns it faceup. It even mentions: "leave it in play", so the 'enters play' trigger won't trigger.

And with "it doesn't combo" I mean: You get a 3 power, 6HP dude into play for one turn, which isn't bad at all, even without the 'blowing up all stuff' bit...

#5 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:28 AM

Marius said:

Rip Dere 'Eads Off!:

Action: Turn one target development faceup. If it is a unit, leave it in play and sacrifice it at the end of the turn. Otherwise, sacrifice it immediately.

and:

Grimgore Ironhide:

Forced: After this unit enters play, destroy all support cards and developments in each player's corresponding zone.

Note that Rip doesn't actually put it into play, but turns it faceup. It even mentions: "leave it in play", so the 'enters play' trigger won't trigger.

And with "it doesn't combo" I mean: You get a 3 power, 6HP dude into play for one turn, which isn't bad at all, even without the 'blowing up all stuff' bit...

This will need a good hard FAQ'ing I reckons as the rulebook has no definition for 'enters play'. The action of playing a unit from ones hand is described as 'putting a unit in to play', and has no mention of a card specifically 'entering play' only if it is played from your hand.

I mean one moment....No Grimgor ( just a development)..... the next...GRIMGOR! (therefore he has entered the zone of your choice).

However, we can both discuss the semantics either way until it is FAQ'd :)

But don't forget the BLOODTHIRSTER!!! :o

Osiris

#6 Coppernob

Coppernob

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

Osi, you truly have a warped mind, i fear i shall feel the brunt of this devastating combo....sigh :)

#7 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

Sick sick boy :)

So anyone else have any  killer combos to talk about ? :)

Osiris

#8 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

Master Rune of Dismay + Pilgramage

A Glorious Death + Peasant Militia

Grudge Thrower + Zhufbar Engineers?

Troll Slayers + Dwarf Masons (+ card from hand)

Sorry... I have trouble identifying truly distrubing combos... I prefer the subtle advantageous ones.

Silver Helm Brigade + Warrior Priest? (lol) ... ok ok Silver Helm Brigade + Sigmar's Intervention

Game on.

#9 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:53 PM

Liking the grudge thrower + zhufbar engineers Vermillian, thats a reasonable hit to the opponent for the loss of 1 card and can set them up for a poor attack, when seconds before it was looking quite rosy :)

Does anyone think the will of tzeentch + slaneesh domination combo has potential? Make them empty their whole hand (potentially a lot of cards), make them draw 3 cards......and then not only reveal those 3 cards but potentially use them against them.

Discard, draw, followed by discard/card advantage. Could be a haymaker  in the right circumstances :)

Osiris

#10 Dobbler

Dobbler

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:20 AM

Combining Rock Lobber with "Rip Dere 'Eads off! seems like a logical move.  The Unit is getting sacrificed at the end of your turn anyways, why not get some additional mileage out of it by sacrificing it before the end of the turn?

#11 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:48 AM

Dobbler said:

Combining Rock Lobber with "Rip Dere 'Eads off! seems like a logical move.  The Unit is getting sacrificed at the end of your turn anyways, why not get some additional mileage out of it by sacrificing it before the end of the turn?

This is a great combo indeed. The reason I didn't mention this is because it will cost an extra 2 resources to activate the rocklobber, meaning it wont be a first turn manouver, so you 'thirster would be sac'd anyway.

However set it up right and it could be operational after turn 1 for a potential 7 damage (thirster + lobber) NASTY!

EDIT: Well actually you could play 'innovation' for the extra resources...but I think that's stretching it a bit

#12 Dobbler

Dobbler

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:24 AM

Yeah, I agree, it isn't a first turn combo.  But chances are, even on the second turn the opponent will have a completely undefended section of their capital you can lay 7 damage towards.  And if you are the first player during the first turn you don't get a Battlefield phase anyhow.

#13 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:13 AM

Dobbler said:

Yeah, I agree, it isn't a first turn combo.  But chances are, even on the second turn the opponent will have a completely undefended section of their capital you can lay 7 damage towards.  And if you are the first player during the first turn you don't get a Battlefield phase anyhow.

And who can complain about a 7 point damage swing in 1 turn? Not me thats for sure

#14 Marius

Marius

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:27 AM

Well, at least I got confirmation from FFG that:

"Rip Dere 'Eads off does not cause a card to enter play."

I think that ruling will appear in a FAQ later on...

It's still a wicked card though... :D

Osiris said:

Marius said:

Rip Dere 'Eads Off!:

and:

Grimgore Ironhide:

This will need a good hard FAQ'ing I reckons as the rulebook has no definition for 'enters play'. The action of playing a unit from ones hand is described as 'putting a unit in to play', and has no mention of a card specifically 'entering play' only if it is played from your hand.

I mean one moment....No Grimgor ( just a development)..... the next...GRIMGOR! (therefore he has entered the zone of your choice).

However, we can both discuss the semantics either way until it is FAQ'd :)

But don't forget the BLOODTHIRSTER!!! :o

Osiris

#15 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:08 AM

Awesome dude, thats another one cleaned up

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS