Rules Question: Playing Units To Burned Areas

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tallgeese

Tallgeese

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:20 PM

Got to play the game in the flesh for the first time last night and despite being totally robbed twice I lurve the game!!

One thing that came up though is can you play units to a burned area and still receive the effect? So for example, can I still play a unit to the Quest area and still benefit from increased card draw or does the effect go with the crumbling walls?

#2 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:35 PM

Tallgeese said:

Got to play the game in the flesh for the first time last night and despite being totally robbed twice I lurve the game!!

One thing that came up though is can you play units to a burned area and still receive the effect? So for example, can I still play a unit to the Quest area and still benefit from increased card draw or does the effect go with the crumbling walls?

Hey there!

There is no penalty for playing anything to a burning zone at all. Feel free to abuse the zone as much as you want still :)

Osiris

#3 Marius

Marius

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:45 AM

Tallgeese said:

The only problem will be that they can't soak up indirect damage...

#4 Tallgeese

Tallgeese

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:12 AM

I'm not so worried about the indirect damage, it is more losing card draw or resource generation.

Thanks for answering though guys.

#5 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:14 AM

Yeah so no penalties as of yet!

However it does leave a massive design space for cards that trigger (or cease to trigger) when a player controls a burning zone. We even have a sneak preview of some potential mechanics with one of the dwarf characters :)

So....... your from England...How did you get to play!! JEALOUS!! :o

Osiris

#6 Tallgeese

Tallgeese

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:15 AM

Osiris said:

Osiris

I work for the company that will be distributing the game in the UK and Europe, my boss brought a copy back from GenCon and it accidently went home with me................

#7 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:44 AM

Tallgeese said:

Osiris said:

Osiris

I work for the company that will be distributing the game in the UK and Europe, my boss brought a copy back from GenCon and it accidently went home with me................

Okay so I'm slowly turning GREEN!!!!

#8 ChaosChild

ChaosChild

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:57 AM

Tallgeese said:

Osiris said:

Osiris

Any chance of it "accidentally" making it to the Tekken release event? Hint Hint 

#9 Tallgeese

Tallgeese

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:18 AM

ChaosChild said:

Tallgeese said:

Osiris said:

Osiris

Any chance of it "accidentally" making it to the Tekken release event? Hint Hint 

Hmmm, I will see what I can do, but I'm pretty sure I can have it in the shop that weekend................

#10 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:38 AM

Tallgeese said:

I am wondering, if Heidelberger Spieleverlag is not doing it in Germany. Or dont you mean full europe?

#11 Tallgeese

Tallgeese

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:24 AM

jogo said:

Tallgeese said:

I am wondering, if Heidelberger Spieleverlag is not doing it in Germany. Or dont you mean full europe?

We deal with shops all over Europe, but I'm sure Heidelberger, Millennium, etc., will also be shipping the game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS