Photo

Aliens Vs. Predator or Aliens boardgame would be awesome!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Furien_Rage

Furien_Rage

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:00 PM

Like the topic says above, I think it would be great if FFG could do an AVP or aliens boardgame. I have an old copy of the Leading Edge Aliens boardgame. Of course that's another license FFG would have to acquire and they got so much already on their plate. Still one can dream.

#2 DataSpider

DataSpider

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:25 PM

Yes, I agree.  It was a good game that FFG could make tons better with a bit of rules tweaks and stunning components.  And with any luck, if they do it they can have Ripley's photo instead of a black shadow of her.  I think the scale of the boards and minis could be a bit bigger, say Doom / Descent size should be right.

#3 DarkPrimus

DarkPrimus

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

If they went with an Aliens vs Predator motif, then I'd surely like them to introduce the Marines in an expansion. Three-way battles!

#4 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:52 PM

I'd love that. 3 factions. A game that allows for a campaign system/story missions and char customization.
3 factions, each radically different in gameplay. Aliens swarm and kill/spawn, Marines have much equipment and the Preds are hightech and tough but few and gather trophies.
A mixture of Descent/Doom/Space Hulk would be a good call.

i'd buy it for sure, especially if coming with a lot of cool figures!

#5 ejacobs

ejacobs

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:00 AM

I've never played Tannhauser, but would that form of game suit an AvP game?  I know the minis would be awesome, as well as all the extras, that's what FFG does, but I would like something a little more broad then just a dungeon crawl style of game.  The scope of this game would be interesting, and important to get right so the feel of the AvP universe is there.

E

I vote YES!

#6 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:18 AM

A mix is important. And stealth elements. Like an ability for the Pred to hide.

The swarming close combat power for the aliens  and firepower for the humans -> Space Hulkish

Tannhauser may have some good ideas in regards to char customization and perhaps the odd 'LOS' system it has.

#7 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:31 AM

Actually, the mix of swarming alien bug creature, high tech alien predator, and human marine is essentially the mix you get in the Starcraft boardgame.  The relationship between the three is different, of course, as the universe is different, but still....

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS