• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

Laser Brain

• Members
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:05 PM

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

#2 Bluegrass

Bluegrass

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:38 PM

Howdy,

Looks like the center piece for the stance track.  Other than that... I really can't see any more special than that.  While the slide in Mr. Little's GenCon seminar did show the stance meter arrayed so that it could be read from left to right, I also noticed that central piece.  I think it's been designed so that a player can orientate his stance bar to be read either left to right or up and down.   Possibly so that the player can lay out his stance meter so that it better fits the length or width of the playing area.

Thanks,

Bluegrass

#3 donbaloo

donbaloo

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:53 PM

Yeah, left being more cautious (or whatever the term he used) and right being more Reckless, with green and red colors to match respectively.  But having the blue arrow up and the purple down lend themselves to the skill dice (blue) and was it the fortune dice that were purple?  So the possibility perhaps of depending more upon either skill or fortune for tests?

#4 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

Laser Brain

• Members
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:55 PM

I'm just guessing at the colors and the use of alternate tracks. Just noticed that you could.

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

#5 Bluegrass

Bluegrass

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:08 PM

Howdy,

Ddonbaloo said:

Yeah, left being more cautious (or whatever the term he used) and right being more Reckless, with green and red colors to match respectively.  But having the blue arrow up and the purple down lend themselves to the skill dice (blue) and was it the fortune dice that were purple?  So the possibility perhaps of depending more upon either skill or fortune for tests?

Don't pay too much attention to the purple or blue arrows, I get the feeling that DagobahDave added them in as an indication that something could be arranged to be read from top to bottom.  Having peeked at the proto-type at GenCon and attended one of the seminars, the only puzzle fit pieces that I saw belonged to the stance meter.   I think the center piece been cut like that so a player can arrange the stance meter so that it can be read either left to right or top to bottom.

And, um, the Fortune dice are white while the Misfortune dice are black.

Thanks,

Bluegrass

#6 donbaloo

donbaloo

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

Well there you go, pay me no mind.  I was thinking you found some official image somewhere on the site with the arrows included.  Carry on...

#7 Chernobyl

Chernobyl

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:45 PM

It can't be anything but intentional, and as for makinghte track vertical, why not just rotate your markers?

I'd be willing to be there are for future rules expansions.  Yay! rules creep.

#8 jadrax

jadrax

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:12 AM

What do you think if you swap 'Blue and Purple' for 'Black and White'?

#9 macd21

macd21

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:59 AM

I'm guessing it's part of the magic system. It's been mentioned that there will be dice that can be added to spell casting rolls that, when used, increase the chance of badness happening. I wouldn't be surprised if this is tracked similar to stances. In fact, different schools could be better at 'conservative' or 'reckless' magic. Let us say that Blue is conservative (low chance of Tzeentch's Curse) while Purple is reckless (Dark Magic - potentially more powerful, but it'll cost you your soul!). A High Elf Mage might have BBBP, while a Necromancer might have BPPP.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS