Miniatures and 3rd edition?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 superklaus

superklaus

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:00 AM

I am a huge minifan. So I had some hopes about 3rd ed. and miniature usage. What do you think. Is 3rd ed. pro- or contra mini use? In the videos Jay didnt mention minis, so I guess there are no support for them which would be really sad.

#2 ejacobs

ejacobs

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:05 AM

There has been mention of character 2d representations, just to help with positioning and such during the game.  AIUI, 3e is neither pro or contra minis, and I wouldn't see the addition of minis being a problem to your game.  Add and enjoy!  I do!  Plus it forces my players to go beyond buying just pencils, they all like to find the mini that represents "them" and get them painted up.

E

#3 superklaus

superklaus

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:23 AM

ejacobs said:

There has been mention of character 2d representations, just to help with positioning and such during the game.  AIUI, 3e is neither pro or contra minis, and I wouldn't see the addition of minis being a problem to your game.  Add and enjoy!  I do!  Plus it forces my players to go beyond buying just pencils, they all like to find the mini that represents "them" and get them painted up.

E

really? probably I overheard this. thanks for giving me some hope to be able to use my legions of warhammer minis. :) I know I can use them even if the system dont support the use, but I like to play according to some taktics and not just pushing minis around to help with positions. (which is nice but no banana)

#4 Armrek

Armrek

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:02 AM

I thought I saw some carboard figures like the ones used in Talisman in one of the Videos, so I guess miniatures are as usable as ever.

#5 ejacobs

ejacobs

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:04 AM

Yeah, those cardboard figures as far as I remember are just to mark your place, to help the players and GM understand where people are in relation to others around them, not for any true miniature rules dynamic.

E

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS