Jump to content



Photo

Infiltrate! Quest Card


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy

Jeremy

    Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:54 PM

The Infiltrate! quest card has two Forced actions, both are for the "beginning of your turn".

There don't appear to be rules governing the order that multiple actions must occur in when they happen at the same time and it's important in this case. So is it the owner's choice? 

Is there an official FAQ yet? 



#2 Osiris

Osiris

    Member

  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:11 PM

Jeremy said:

The Infiltrate! quest card has two Forced actions, both are for the "beginning of your turn".

There don't appear to be rules governing the order that multiple actions must occur in when they happen at the same time and it's important in this case. So is it the owner's choice? 

Is there an official FAQ yet? 

 

Good point.

 

Ok my interpretation would be:

*Both forced effects trigger

*Active player decides which order they will enter the FILO stack (First in Last out)

*Player will stack the 'Discard X card effect first'

*Player will stack the 'Add an extra token effect first'

*Stack will resolve with the player adding a token first and then forcing the opponent to discard the extra card.

 

Obviously there are windows between the effects for other players to play other effects that may cancel or affect the stack.

 

Admittedly this is all conjecture, but as much as I hate to say this...if this were Mtg, this is how it would play out (minus a few steps)

 

:)

 

Osiris



#3 Jeremy

Jeremy

    Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

We actually ruled it the other way in play, mainly because I felt like it was going to be a damaging card and wanted to make sure I wasn't getting a benefit I shouldn't have.

Assuming your way is correct I cheated myself of one turn of a forced discard. Even so it was a devastating card, I wound up sinking half of my opponents deck and getting the win without  burning a single zone. There really wasn't anything he could do about it particularly when it got out so early.



#4 Marius

Marius

    Member

  • Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:52 PM

Jeremy said:

The Infiltrate! quest card has two Forced actions, both are for the "beginning of your turn".

There don't appear to be rules governing the order that multiple actions must occur in when they happen at the same time and it's important in this case. So is it the owner's choice? 

Is there an official FAQ yet? 

You trigger 'm at the same time, so it's owner's choice.



#5 Osiris

Osiris

    Member

  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:28 AM

Jeremy said:

We actually ruled it the other way in play, mainly because I felt like it was going to be a damaging card and wanted to make sure I wasn't getting a benefit I shouldn't have.

Assuming your way is correct I cheated myself of one turn of a forced discard. Even so it was a devastating card, I wound up sinking half of my opponents deck and getting the win without  burning a single zone. There really wasn't anything he could do about it particularly when it got out so early.

 

I do believe it would be the active player (in this case the player who owned the card, i.e you!) who gets to choose the order the effects enter the stack.

Although as I previously mentioned there is no official ruling on this as yet.

 

And I totally agree that this card has the potential to be devastating if left unchecked!!!

 

Osiris



#6 Penek

Penek

    Member

  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:13 AM

i would like to use rules for same situations from aGoT and CoC faq's. As they pretty similar in lots of ways of resolvingplaying stuff.



#7 jogo

jogo

    Member

  • Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:45 AM

Penek said:

i would like to use rules for same situations from aGoT and CoC faq's. As they pretty similar in lots of ways of resolvingplaying stuff.

Hmm, at least CoC is played FIFO, and so completly different.



#8 Penek

Penek

    Member

  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:21 AM

as far as i remember aGoT and CoC use same resolution for triggered actions and ones that resolve in a bunch in a particular time (ie like start of the turn)



#9 Dobbler

Dobbler

    Member

  • Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:19 AM

Penek said:

as far as i remember aGoT and CoC use same resolution for triggered actions and ones that resolve in a bunch in a particular time (ie like start of the turn)

 

Game of Thrones has no stack, nor does it have forced triggered effects, although it does have mandatory passive effects.  I would not use A Game of Thrones rules as a template for Warhammer.

 

Osiris description seems to make the most sense using existing understanding of Warhammers rules.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS