Release date?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 daddystabz

daddystabz

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:16 AM

Have the devs posted or mentioned anywhere a release date for this product or at least an estimate?

#2 Dreary_Angel

Dreary_Angel

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:36 AM

It is supposed to be fall 2009, as stated in the upcoming tab of the site...

#3 Crazy Aido

Crazy Aido

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:05 AM

Speak english man, some of us are from the continent.

"Fall" is that thing that happens in Dante's inferno for us.

#4 Dreary_Angel

Dreary_Angel

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:10 AM

XD

Fall is actually english, and I am from the continent... anyway it means somewhere atound Novemeber and December...

#5 Crazy Aido

Crazy Aido

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:16 AM

That's bleedin' winter!

I thought this was coming out next month.

Oh well, at least now I can buy space hulk without any worries.

#6 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:20 AM

Dreary_Angel said:

XD

Fall is actually english, and I am from the continent... anyway it means somewhere atound Novemeber and December...

No, Fall is an Americanism, it's not used in England.

And it doesn't mean Winter, it means Autumn, which is September/October/November, so it might well be out in the next month or two.

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#7 Dreary_Angel

Dreary_Angel

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:31 AM

really? O.O

sorry for the misinformation, I always thought it meant "end of the year", since I've seen a lot of products marked with this publishing schedule coming out in november/december...

My bad, you always learn something new every day, thanks Millandson ^^

#8 GreyLord

GreyLord

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:00 AM

Actually if I recall, on release date calendars, WHICH ALSO ARE READ IN GREAT BRITAIN, as the interpretations for game releases, books, movies, and CDs coming from the States to Europe are also on the same type of calendar normally means...

Fall - Sometime between the End of September and end of December...Winter is therefore between the end of December and the end of March...Spring is between the end of March and the End of June, and Summer is the End of June to the End of September.

Really is confusing and doesn't make much sense, my seasons don't quite correlate to this.

It is more defined than a simple year, or the first half or latter half of a year, but yet still ambiguous.  It means that they don't know when they are going to release it and thus it is still in the winds of fate.

Many say Fall season as a release date so they can release it at the END of the Fall calendar release period, meaning RIGHT BEFORE Christmas/New Years, which could be where you are getting the confusion of November/December.

I would say that was in the heart of Winter, BUT, release dates will put that actually as the end of the Fall season.

Knowing FFG's history in the past (though this seems to actually be changing overall recently) I'd say a Fall release date means it will be delayed some more and eventually come out sometime in June 2010...if we're lucky...

#9 captaincutlass

captaincutlass

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:23 AM

In fact it works like this:

The publisher tries to get it ready by fall but publishers being what they are experience all kinds of things that make the actual release later than anticipated.

So if you hear fall, think winter.

Sometimes this can go to extreme lenghts though I don't think FF ever done a stunt like Eagle Games did on the boardgame of Sid Meyers Pirates.

Those guys said summer 2004 and the game still isn't released...

#10 thorckmard

thorckmard

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:49 AM

Yes But Eagles Games doesn't exist anymore . The shut done the compagny one or two years (maybe more) ago i think...

And FFg seems to respect their schedule now (look at middle earth quest, Pegasus etc)..

#11 HedgeWizard

HedgeWizard

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:38 AM

It's actually less about "respecting" the schedule so much as FFG has stopped heavily marketing their stuff until the game is really close to manufacturing and delivery. They got dinged a lot on places like boardgamegeek.com and elsewhere for announcing new games in development, piquing interests early on and then having the potential customer base wait for 9-18 months for the actual release.

Now it seems they do an announcement when the majority of development is in the final-third/refinement stage. Then the marketing push hits full steam once the game is off at the printers or closer to release. 

#12 Loswaith

Loswaith

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:55 PM

Word of advice, if a company is saying a Fall (Autumn) (Spring if your southern hemisphere) release, it usualy means its coming out for Christmas market.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS