District 9

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:30 AM

So, who's seen it? I'm surprised to not see any discussion here. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, even though South African Accents kinda make my skin crawl.

#2 jmccarthy

jmccarthy

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:23 AM

Kennon said:

So, who's seen it? I'm surprised to not see any discussion here. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, even though South African Accents kinda make my skin crawl.

Is it the whole post-apartheid thing? Makes your skin crawl?

#3 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:56 AM

Hmm.... noooo............. I wouldn't say that's it. More that it sounds like and yet unlike the accents of the English language that my ear is trained to recognize.

#4 CaseyVa

CaseyVa

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:03 AM

It was a pretty decent movie.  It wasn't nearly as good as some of the reviews I read made it out to be, but I enjoyed it.

It's hard to talk about without giving away too much.  Also, any discussions about the actual plot sound much sillier than how it actually plays out.

#5 SiddGames

SiddGames

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:05 AM

My gang all thoroughly enjoyed it. Very well done, especially for $30MM. I felt tense for much of the movie as I couldn't really tell what direction they were going to go with it. Maybe the studios are feeling dumb now for not letting Blomkamp and Jackson make the Halo movie, heh.

#6 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:16 PM

One of the best movies I saw all summer. I liked that they took the time to tell a story, not just non-stop action (hello G.I. Joe -- but I enjoyed that too as a popcorn movie).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS