Photo

How much would you have spent for a new edition? (if it was roughly "what you wanted")

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

How much _would_ you have spent for a new edition?  ..that is if it was roughly what you wanted and if you're not planning on buying 3e.

Let's pretend that it was like WFRP1 or WFRP2 (I dunno how many $$$ in products each was put out..could someone add that up?)

I've got a number in my head, how about you guys?

jh

#2 jadrax

jadrax

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:46 AM

Emirikol said:

How much _would_ you have spent for a new edition?  ..that is if it was roughly what you wanted and if you're not planning on buying 3e.

Let's pretend that it was like WFRP1 or WFRP2 (I dunno how many $$$ in products each was put out..could someone add that up?)

I've got a number in my head, how about you guys?

jh

I would typically expect to pay between 20 and 30 quid a book, that's about $32 to $48.

I have bought every wfrp2 release. (And a lot of wfrp1, although I am missing the odd book).

#3 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:54 AM

That's a great question!

I think what I really wanted would've been something very much like V3, only without all the cards and tokens and stuff. A book with all the same rules and info, just worked out so that we can use regular paper. (Maybe V3 supports that option?)

Anyway, I'm used to paying about US$40-$50 for new core rulebooks. For really high-quality books (such as Dark Heresy) I'll meet them at $60.

$100 is probably more than I'll pay without reading a few good reviews.

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

#4 Drachenfels

Drachenfels

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:59 AM

I will happily pay the £60, I love the weak dollar

#5 Foolishboy

Foolishboy

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:04 AM

I'm happy to spend £20-£30 per proper book. The £35 price tag on Dark Heresy made me pause.  Now in the WFRPv3 boxset there are four skinny books one post indicated that the books are about 100 pages each, totaling 400-500 pages. So for all that in one book £30-£40 would be ok. The £60-£70 price tag WFRPv3 will most likely carry in England is more than I want to pay. That may not stop me from buying anyway. 

#6 Ravenheart87

Ravenheart87

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:24 AM

I paid $39,95 + delivery costs for the 188 pages long, hardcover, but black & white Mongoose Traveller book. After that, the new Warhammer seems cheap.

#7 GreyLord

GreyLord

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:04 AM

I'd have started off with probably the core book, which I would expect to cost the same as DH or RT books.  From there, it would depend on what they released, and whether I thought I would like it or not.  No limit, but SPREAD OUT over time...and I could pick and choose.

#8 RebelDave

RebelDave

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:39 AM

While I am not totaly sold on the concept yet, I will keep my eye on it.

If it comes in at about £60 here in the UK as we think it might, I will probably buy it, but I am a collector. If I dont like it, it will sit on a shelf or get sold on.

The high price compared ot books is one thing, but you do get alot of stuff, and some mechanics I am interested in looking at (and others I am not) but I am curious :)

That being said, I jave just paid £60 for the new Space Hulk... and that IS just a board game.... so I really shouldnt complain :)

#9 Armrek

Armrek

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:01 AM

If I was FFG I would have charged $50 for a complete new rule book and then $50 for the fancy extra stuff and made sure that you could have played it with normal dice...

That would have been ok with me, they could even have added the special dice in the extra set as some advanced rules or whatever...

#10 Steerpike

Steerpike

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:41 AM

I'd pay $100 for a cool boxed edition like the one they're proposing IF it were a game I wanted to play.  It's looking more and more like it is not. Final judgment to come upon release of course. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS