Quorum Cards Questions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 xix

xix

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:20 AM

My group has been confused a good bit by the Qourum Cards, I've only seen one thread about quorum cards, so I hope this is not a repeat.

1) The presidents Title card lists Action: draw a quorum card. It then says in italics that the president can play a quorum card as an action, but it does not list it as an action. Does this mean that the president can play a quorum card from any location as an action? Otherwise it seems the only way that a quorum card can be played is from the president's office.

2) The resolution of the quorum cards is also confusing. Are the actions listed on a quorum card resolved as the quorum card is played, or does the qourum card sit there in front of you waiting for you to use subsequent actions to activate it. The second method makes them difficult to use, but considering how powerful they are they should be difficult to use.  

#2 Smuggler

Smuggler

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:13 AM

xix said:

My group has been confused a good bit by the Qourum Cards, I've only seen one thread about quorum cards, so I hope this is not a repeat.

1) The presidents Title card lists Action: draw a quorum card. It then says in italics that the president can play a quorum card as an action, but it does not list it as an action. Does this mean that the president can play a quorum card from any location as an action? Otherwise it seems the only way that a quorum card can be played is from the president's office.

2) The resolution of the quorum cards is also confusing. Are the actions listed on a quorum card resolved as the quorum card is played, or does the qourum card sit there in front of you waiting for you to use subsequent actions to activate it. The second method makes them difficult to use, but considering how powerful they are they should be difficult to use.  

1. Yes, a Qourum card can be played from any location as an action. The cards clearly states "Action: " just as some skillcards that can be played as an Action.

2. Again, just like any other card that has "Action: " on it you use your action step to resolve the text following the keyword "Action". Executing that action is what is refered to as "playing" the card. So it is not two separate actions.

#3 spezn0r

spezn0r

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:33 AM

Instead of creating a new topic, I'll ask here.

When the President title is handed off, are the President's Quorom cards transferred as well, similar to the Admiral and his nukes, or are they discarded?

I didn't see anything in the rules that stated one way or the other so we have been transferring them when the title is transferred.

#4 Smuggler

Smuggler

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:10 AM

On page 12 it says "Whichever player has the president title has control over this hand of quorum cards". While it is not crystal clear this to me looks like the hand of quorum cards are transfered to the new president.

#5 spezn0r

spezn0r

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:32 AM

Smuggler said:

On page 12 it says "Whichever player has the president title has control over this hand of quorum cards". While it is not crystal clear this to me looks like the hand of quorum cards are transfered to the new president.

Not sure how we missed that.  Thanks.

#6 Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

To answer #1 on the OP: We were a bit confused in our first game, too.  The President's Office card lists drawing a Quorum card as an action.  If the Prez does that, that IS his action for the turn.  This makes it important for the President to be in her(his) office, where they can draw a card, and then (because of the special action of the location) choose to play one, or draw another.

TK

"...I was born game, and I intend to go out that way." -- Rooster Cogburn

#7 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

The President Title Card also gives you the power to, as an action, draw a Quorum card. However, this way you cannot in addition play a Quorum card from your hand. That you can only combine in the President's Office, which makes it the perfect location for the President if he or she wants to play a lot of Quorum cards.

#8 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

The President Title Card also gives you the power to, as an action, draw a Quorum card. However, this way you cannot in addition play a Quorum card from your hand. That you can only combine in the President's Office, which makes it the perfect location for the President if he or she wants to play a lot of Quorum cards.

edit: Sorry for the double post. Apparently a double-click on PUBLISH is counted one for one.

#9 jakimaru

jakimaru

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:10 AM

I agree that in the rules it says that the Quorum cards are handed the the new president but we have implemented a custom rule in our group that is working very well:

When the president looses said title they keep their hand of quorum cards, they cannot use/play them unless they regain the presidentcy but it does mean that a cylon president is not immediatly revealed when the new president see what they haven't been playing.

In addition it feels more like the show: the character, as president has the powers reflected on the cards, and if they are replaced as president then it doesn't follow that everyone would be willing to do the same for the new president as they were for the previous one, as such we end up getting players calling for elections to reinstate the rein of certain players because "times were better under their leadership."

It's just something that ended up coming from a missed rule the first time we played, then when it was identified we all decided to keep doing it this way because we prefered it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS