Photo

Funny thing about the name of this forum (bad joke)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MagnusSeter

MagnusSeter

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:42 PM

This forum is "Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay". The forum below it is "Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition".

So which forum covers the latest version?

/M

#2 Captin'

Captin'

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:44 PM

I don't see what's funny.

#3 Captin'

Captin'

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:44 PM

#4 MagnusSeter

MagnusSeter

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:28 PM

Captin' said:

The way a casual reader might look at it, the latest forums for WFRPv3 are actually designated in such a way that they would believe that WFRPv2 is the latest version.

First comes Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Then after that Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition is released, replacing the first edition.

So actually, as the forums are named now, WFRPv2 is indeed the latest edition, and should by all rights replace that which is named only Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

/M

#5 Merroth

Merroth

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:09 AM

MagnusSeter said:

Captin' said:

The way a casual reader might look at it, the latest forums for WFRPv3 are actually designated in such a way that they would believe that WFRPv2 is the latest version.

First comes Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Then after that Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition is released, replacing the first edition.

So actually, as the forums are named now, WFRPv2 is indeed the latest edition, and should by all rights replace that which is named only Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

/M

So what?

EDIT: Can't believe I always fall for stupid topicks like this. 

#6 egalor

egalor

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:59 AM

MagnusSeter said:

This forum is "Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay". The forum below it is "Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition".

/M

Yeah, it's really funny :) it seems, v2 is actually the latest version. They should make some clarification on that for the newcomers, at least.

#7 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:02 AM

Forum posts from November, 2009:

Guys, I'm downloading the new rulebook PDF now. Are the cards included in there? Do I just print them and cut them out?

Auughh! Why'd they get rid of the cards between first and second edition??? That was my favorite part of the game!

What happened to my WFRP? Sorry, but if it doesn't have hammers on the dice, it's NOT Warhammer.

They shot my puppy. No, really. Chris shot my puppy. I was walking along, looking for some snow to shovel, and out of nowhere -- BANG. Dead puppy. And I look up and there's Chris. He's like, haha! FFG pwnz you!

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

#8 MagnusSeter

MagnusSeter

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:10 AM

DagobahDave said:

Hehe, that was actually funny!

/M

#9 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:22 AM

It's a conspiracy!!! 

jh

#10 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:44 AM

I lolled too. 

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#11 Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:49 AM

Yeah and anyone would think there going to delete the v2 forum anyday now to avoid confusion. Laugh? I nearly cried...

#12 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:54 AM

Server Goddess would be happy, though.

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

#13 Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:57 AM

DagobahDave said:

Yeah but where am I going to hang out, StS? I'm to much of a v2 fanboy for there, besides its to quiet

It means I'm stuck here, watching v3 players and plotting destruction...

#14 jackdays

jackdays

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:16 AM

MagnusSeter said:

/M

This is funny - Until they end the WFRP2 line and shut the forum and v2 edition disappears to the history...

There can be only one.

Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to www.kalevalahammer.com

Enter freely and of your own free will, and leave some of your happiness...

kalevalahammer@gmail.com

#15 Captin'

Captin'

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:43 AM

MagnusSeter said:

Captin' said:

/M

Oh, that IS funny.

#16 MagnusSeter

MagnusSeter

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:26 AM

If FFG closes down the 2nd edition forum, I'll create a new one at the Altdorf Correspondent. That's a promise!

/M

#17 Loswaith

Loswaith

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:34 PM

Artaxerxes said:

DagobahDave said:

Yeah but where am I going to hang out, StS? I'm to much of a v2 fanboy for there, besides its to quiet

Guess we will need a v2 ++ board around since I'm in that boat with you.

++
  I was gona put gronards but that kinda refers to first ed fans, so what does that make us 2nd ed fans given the 3ed ed fans are the newbies (as in new people, not noobs).

#18 Hellebore

Hellebore

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:42 PM

How about grognalings?

Hellebore

#19 Foolishboy

Foolishboy

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:26 AM

Artaxerxes said:

DagobahDave said:

It has been commented on Strike to Stun that a lot of people have registered in the last few days, so I'm sure you would be welcome.

#20 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:17 PM

DagobahDave said:

Guys, I'm downloading the new rulebook PDF now. Are the cards included in there? Do I just print them and cut them out?

Auughh! Why'd they get rid of the cards between first and second edition??? That was my favorite part of the game!

What happened to my WFRP? Sorry, but if it doesn't have hammers on the dice, it's NOT Warhammer.

They shot my puppy. No, really. Chris shot my puppy. I was walking along, looking for some snow to shovel, and out of nowhere -- BANG. Dead puppy. And I look up and there's Chris. He's like, haha! FFG pwnz you!

Now that's quite funny.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS