#1 Pierre Campan

Pierre Campan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:50 PM

hello

a simple question, I did not found the awnser

when for the V3 ?

Fall ? mean october ? september ? tomorrow great !

do you already know if a french translation is planned ?

Thank's and  greetings

Pierre

#2 Foolishboy

Foolishboy

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:02 AM

I have emailed FFG at the contact details given on the news page asking for information on a release date and stores that willl be stocking the game. I received an automated response quoted below:

This is an automated response. I will be out of the office on a business trip from Monday 10 August through Tuesday 18 August. I will be returning to the office on Wednesday 19 August and responding to emails at that time.

Jeremy Stomberg

Fantasy Flight Games

See I told you it was an automated responce. I'm assuming the buisiness trip is GenCon but I could be wrong.  Obviously I will not receive an answer until wednesday at the earliest, if and when I do receive some information I'll post it.

#3 Fabs

Fabs

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:11 AM

I bet the first thing Jez does when he gets in the office on Wednesday is delete all the emails in his inbox. Well, that's what I do.

#4 ejacobs

ejacobs

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:55 AM

Heck yeah!  If it's important, they'll email back.

E

#5 Storm Wolf

Storm Wolf

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:04 AM

I heard at one of the Gen Con seminars that it might be out for Christmas.

#6 Aldred Fellblade

Aldred Fellblade

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:18 AM

The press release says 'FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE'. I preumed that meant the game rather than the press release (?). It does say a series of previews over the next few weeks leading up to an Autumn release.

#7 Foolishboy

Foolishboy

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:08 AM

I have received a reply to my Email. Unfortunately this is all the information FFG are giving out at the moment:

WFRP will be out by the end of the year.
Jeremy Stomberg
FFG

So I guess we just have to wait and keep playing WFRPv2 in the meantime.

#8 ejacobs

ejacobs

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:22 PM

I hope they mean by the end of September when they say "by the end of the year".

E

#9 Ye Ancient One

Ye Ancient One

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:39 PM

Foolishboy said:

I have received a reply to my Email. Unfortunately this is all the information FFG are giving out at the moment:

WFRP will be out by the end of the year.
Jeremy Stomberg
FFG

So I guess we just have to wait and keep playing WFRPv2 in the meantime.

Argh!  The pain!

#10 MagnusSeter

MagnusSeter

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

Aldred Fellblade said:

The press release says 'FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE'. I preumed that meant the game rather than the press release (?).

That means that the press released is immediately released, I think. Standard PR talk.

Makes little sense thought, since the press release obviously has been immediately released, since I can read it.

/M

#11 Foolishboy

Foolishboy

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:32 PM

I assumed "For Immediate Release" refered to the game, as stated above why tell us the press release was for immediate release, we know we're reading it.

#12 egalor

egalor

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

Foolishboy said:

I assumed "For Immediate Release" refered to the game, as stated above why tell us the press release was for immediate release, we know we're reading it.

This is just a PR thing, telling us *and* FFG press service that the information is intended to be disclosed right now. Some other documents bear "Confidential" stamp on them, for example.

So, to make things clear: "For immediate release" concerns only that press release, while the game itself is scheduled for the end of he year - as confirmed by FFG's email above.

And that's fine with me.

#13 ChaosChild

ChaosChild

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:44 AM

Just to get back on topic for a moment, the release schedule that FFG posted at the end of their Gen Con wrap up has everything up to the end of October and WFRP isn't on it. So for anyone who is looking to buy this, it looks like November at the earliest.

#14 jadrax

jadrax

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:47 AM

ChaosChild said:

Just to get back on topic for a moment, the release schedule that FFG posted at the end of their Gen Con wrap up has everything up to the end of October and WFRP isn't on it. So for anyone who is looking to buy this, it looks like November at the earliest.

Yeah, I just noticed that.

#15 Jericho

Jericho

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:57 AM

They'll want to release it in time for Christmas, imo.

End of November at maximum seems a good guess. And since we aren't hearing much from FFG, I guess they are in a great deal of stress to finish the game in time for that. If they miss Christmas, that would be very bad, specially considering the price.

———
The time of change has come!

#16 Sorenthion

Sorenthion

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:11 AM

I could see November being a good estimate but those release dates listed were for games that debuted at GenCon (ones that were for sale or were being demoed). Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay was only announced at GenCon.

My best guess would be around November though.

#17 Callidon

Callidon

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:39 AM

I would rather they painfully string us along past their projected deadline rather than shoe-horn in something for release before 2010.  Unless it is all shined up and ready to roll of course and then full speed ahead!  It's just that there's enough cautious anticipation and outright hatred surround v3 already that anything less than 100% fully formed thoughts and rules will cause the internet to quite literally explode and fry every gamer's brain from the inside out.  They've tended to "met gords wixed up" in previous publications and it could really bite them in the backside on this game.  It'd be grand if on release day the FFG crew didn't have to release a 'bear with us as we tune in the game' announcement.

Of course whenever their release date is there will be a lone halfling standing on an overlook with a single cholesterol riddled tear oozing down his jowls...

STUFF:

Edge of the Empire: Talent Trees; Force Powers; Character Sheet

#18 Skywalker

Skywalker

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:57 AM

Pierre Campan said:

when for the V3 ?

Someone at Gencon said that they were told by FFG that the expectation is "in time for Christmas". As such, I expect that it will be late November or  December (which isn't really Fall, but hey).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS