Impressive... and expensive!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Prof_Nexus

Prof_Nexus

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:16 AM

I'll definitely be picking this one up, but the boxed set is pretty pricey. I'm hoping that a player's kit will be available separately.

#2 RebelDave

RebelDave

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:17 AM

Too right!

100 bucks is what... 60 quid? Ouch!

#3 Necronomicus

Necronomicus

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:19 AM

$100? i'll certainly wait until the rules are in, and maybe some some demo mechanics and such. Not going to drop that much without knowing if I like the new edition.  I'm sure production wise its worth every penny. But if i don't like how the game plays, you couldnt' give it to me for free.

#4 RebelDave

RebelDave

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:25 AM

You do seem to get ALOT for your money.. 4 books, over 40 dice... sounds like its expensive to produce. Ill see what IG have it for in the next few months.

#5 Necronomicus

Necronomicus

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:30 AM

What is the Release date?

#6 RebelDave

RebelDave

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:34 AM

Necronomicus said:

What is the Release date?

Doesnt seem to have been announced yet...

#7 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:36 AM

Sounds like you get a lot for your money. But then, FFG is known for people complaining about getting too much stuff and not knowing how to store it. The price is high, but my sticking point is not having an RPG group to play.

#8 RebelDave

RebelDave

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

sepayne7l said:

Sounds like you get a lot for your money. But then, FFG is known for people complaining about getting too much stuff and not knowing how to store it. The price is high, but my sticking point is not having an RPG group to play.

Same here, I am on the BRINK of getting togetehr maybe 3 more people to game with... so it seems, my group MIGHT just come togetehr on the Eve of the Second Dark Age... sucks to be us! hehe

#9 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:53 AM

On another hand this sounds like a quite nice way to handle this kind of RPG. 

On another hand it sounds like monthly "booster" to add new artifacts and spell to "your" game. 

Luckily - I've drunk a lot tonight.

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#10 RebelDave

RebelDave

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:55 AM

doc_cthulhu said:

On another hand this sounds like a quite nice way to handle this kind of RPG. 

On another hand it sounds like monthly "booster" to add new artifacts and spell to "your" game. 

Luckily - I've drunk a lot tonight.

Ive drunk alot tonight too... so I cant tell if THATS why i can see where you are coming from.. or the same fear is sitting in my gut too.... hmm

#11 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:00 PM

Let's hope it's the booze. Currently I'm refressing my browser like a ratcatcher on skaven brew. This is just so... "Hilarious" just might be the right word but it doesn't translate into any language in a way that would make sense as it does to mine. (We had this tv-show about a woolen rat called Hilarius, it was about singing mouse and his family... Maybe they too were skaven!) 

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#12 RebelDave

RebelDave

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

doc_cthulhu said:

Let's hope it's the booze. Currently I'm refressing my browser like a ratcatcher on skaven brew. This is just so... "Hilarious" just might be the right word but it doesn't translate into any language in a way that would make sense as it does to mine. (We had this tv-show about a woolen rat called Hilarius, it was about singing mouse and his family... Maybe they too were skaven!) 

The Ratmen do get everywhere you dotn expect to find them.. assuming they exist at all!

#13 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:08 PM

RebelDave said:

The Ratmen do get everywhere you dotn expect to find them.. assuming they exist at all!

(off-topic) As once said they exist. In Finland atleast... http://www.lapinliha.fi/

#14 RebelDave

RebelDave

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:11 PM

doc_cthulhu said:

RebelDave said:

(off-topic) As once said they exist. In Finland atleast... http://www.lapinliha.fi/

I is confused... how is that relevant to Ratmen?

#15 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:17 PM

RebelDave said:

Sorry... Don't Mind me. The Symbol of Lapin liha just looks kinda the "triangle of skaven". I'll shut up right now. 

#16 RebelDave

RebelDave

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:22 PM

doc_cthulhu said:

RebelDave said:

Sorry... Don't Mind me. The Symbol of Lapin liha just looks kinda the "triangle of skaven". I'll shut up right now. 

*gasp*! You are right my friend! The Ratmen are everywhere!!!

#17 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:29 PM

StS had a "lot" more to say:

http://forum.strike-...p?p=41142#41142

#18 overmind

overmind

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:16 PM

100$ sound like bad joke, it's too expensive even for FFG smooth & shiny release.

#19 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:38 PM

overmind said:

100$ sound like bad joke, it's too expensive even for FFG smooth & shiny release.

Come on! The box will surely be so huge that 100$ is a cheap price. :D

#20 RebelDave

RebelDave

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:41 PM

doc_cthulhu said:

overmind said:

Come on! The box will surely be so huge that 100$ is a cheap price. :D

I cant help feel, you will be paying more, for more tools, to reduce the freedome given to you by any single book for the previous editions.

But without seeing a copy of the rules, who knows.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS