Has anyone noticed...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 echtalion

echtalion

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:05 PM

The game contents refer to '4 fire tokens', but in the picture in product description there seem to be 5. ^_^

Yeah, I'm waiting eagerly for this game.

#2 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:20 PM

echtalion said:

The game contents refer to '4 fire tokens', but in the picture in product description there seem to be 5. ^_^

Yeah, I'm waiting eagerly for this game.

Seems some photographer took some extra tokens, FFG is used to be very precious counting the stuff in their boxes.

#3 echtalion

echtalion

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:02 AM

And again in the rulebook, page 9, you can see clearly there are 5 burning tokens. ^_^

#4 Mazinkaiser

Mazinkaiser

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:03 AM

May have been 5 tokens some point in production, but got changed to 4 later towards final release.  

#5 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

Now that we are discussing the matter of the number of burn tokens, have any of you wondered why we even need all 4 burn tokens? We could've done with just 2, since a player wins the game immediately the moment two of his opponent's zones are burning (page 13 of rulebook).

#6 Killer Power

Killer Power

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:55 PM

Ruvion said:

Now that we are discussing the matter of the number of burn tokens, have any of you wondered why we even need all 4 burn tokens? We could've done with just 2, since a player wins the game immediately the moment two of his opponent's zones are burning (page 13 of rulebook).

Multiplayer lalalala....

#7 ChaosChild

ChaosChild

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:41 AM

Killer Power said:

Ruvion said:

Multiplayer lalalala....

Or just 2 player, assuming both players have zones that are burning. 

#8 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:47 AM

ChaosChild said:

Killer Power said:

Ruvion said:

Multiplayer lalalala....

Or just 2 player, assuming both players have zones that are burning. 

Hmm, that would need a victory of three zones burning. So multiplayer is my guess.

#9 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

My 2 burning zones plus your 2 burning zones equals the need for 4 burn tokens.

#10 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:13 PM

Well Doc, in a 1v1 situation the moment your 2nd zone burns down it's game over as explaned above, so the most you will ever need in a 1v1 game is two burn token: one for you and one for me. You don't really need all 4 other than a multiplayer mele or a 2v2 situation using a single Core Seet.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS