WoW!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DarkbladeChaos

DarkbladeChaos

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:41 PM

I ordered this game awhile ago and got it in a few days ago and I LOVE IT! I used to be a fan of Magic and YuGiOh but now forget them! Anima rocks!

#2 A Paperback Hero

A Paperback Hero

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

Ya its pretty kewl. Also got word on the edge forums that there is going to be another expansion to make it into a trilogy :D

#3 Terminus_Est

Terminus_Est

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:29 AM

I am curious, is this game a CCG? It is listed as a silver line and not a ccg.. Plus there are at least two sets? If you can give me a quick synopsis please because I am very intrigued to see how the game works and if I would like to get it.

#4 RoboSheep

RoboSheep

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

Anima is prolly better thought of as a non-trading card card-game where most of the cards could just as easily be tiles but aren't for sake of handling and production costs.   A usual round consists of people declaring an area to bring their party of character cards to and resolving a battle (via opposed dice rolls) with a creature encountered in the area and then finally collecting a reward in the area (another party member, spells and other advantages, or engaging in a special mission for a special boost to combat abilities).  The game is beaten when one party is able to amass enough power to defeat a very power special foe.

I'd say it compares well, and slightly more favorably, to Munchkin.  

#5 Domja

Domja

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:26 AM

Yeah we called it Final Fantasy Munchkin with some Talisman things thrown in for good measure. But yeah it is more like a board game then like a CCG.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS