• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Einlanzer

Einlanzer

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:48 PM

Hello all,

I'm a new player and game master to the Anima system, the system seems very interesting and I'm looking forward to running it however I have a few quick questions I'm hoping a few of you might be able to clear up. Using the games prebuilt setting there seems to be a lack of description on how the world reacts to Nephilim and what niche in the world Spellcasters fit into, are they considered heretical, are they treated as monsters or pagans or witches? It would help to understand when running a game the dispositions the world shared towards these races and classes, whether a Summoner can walk around with his entourage of creatures without being burned at the stake, are Nephilim left in a forest to be devoured by beasts or hunted as beastmen? I was also curious if there was any sort of "Monster Manual?"

#2 Einlanzer

Einlanzer

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

Two more questions, what is your appearance score used for and do you need to buy a combat module to start out with a proficiency in your chosen weapon or do characters begin with an automatic weapon module?

#3 JesterX

JesterX

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:18 PM

I don't remember seeing the usage of appearance in any rules.  Actually, I think it's only a guideline.  Personnaly, I let my players choosing their appearance score.  As I play like it was a game based on mangas, only one player choosed a score of 10 and he is constantly harrased when he goes in town.  Girls (cutes and not so cute!) tends to follow him and put him in trouble everytime.  It's quite troublesome and sometimes funny as hell.

Characters starts with the knowledge of one single weapon if they don't take weapon modules.

#4 Skywalker

Skywalker

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:12 PM

Nephilim and Spellcasters are considered much as they would have been during the Witch Hunts in European history.

#5 Einlanzer

Einlanzer

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:16 PM

Skywalker said:

Nephilim and Spellcasters are considered much as they would have been during the Witch Hunts in European history.

So Nephilim are considered monstrosities and spellcasters are witches? What about characters who use healing magic or gifts given by Elan?

#6 Einlanzer

Einlanzer

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:02 PM

Sorry for so many questions but I have one more thing that just came to mind. The book talks about raising Characteristics above 10 but states there is a human limit that it can be raised to, however I can't recall where in the book I read it, and I wanted to know on a related subject how one raises their Magic Level above 50?

#7 Swordwraith

Swordwraith

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:58 PM

Einlanzer said:

Skywalker said:

So Nephilim are considered monstrosities and spellcasters are witches? What about characters who use healing magic or gifts given by Elan?

Not quite true with the Nephilim. Almost all Nephilim are physically indistinguishable from humans, and can blend into society accordingly. Only supernatural abilities will detect their reincarnated souls.

All magic is bad. Everything Supernatural is bad in the eyes of the Church unless the Church decides you were granted these powers as a 'gift from God' (AKA, you're working for the Church). Other religions have a different take on things, but since the Albidion Church is by far the most massive and influential on the Old Continent, its their word that makes the call. Additionally, since it was originally the state religion of the Empire, most common folk share the sentiment.

#8 Einlanzer

Einlanzer

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:26 PM

Swordwraith said:

Einlanzer said:

Skywalker said:

Not quite true with the Nephilim. Almost all Nephilim are physically indistinguishable from humans, and can blend into society accordingly. Only supernatural abilities will detect their reincarnated souls.

All magic is bad. Everything Supernatural is bad in the eyes of the Church unless the Church decides you were granted these powers as a 'gift from God' (AKA, you're working for the Church). Other religions have a different take on things, but since the Albidion Church is by far the most massive and influential on the Old Continent, its their word that makes the call. Additionally, since it was originally the state religion of the Empire, most common folk share the sentiment.

Well the reason I was curious about the Nephilim was mostly due to the image of the Jayan in the book, if that were really how they looked it would be hard to hide your supernatural nature, and by true christian beliefs he would most definately be considered evil because of the horns and dark skin, making him appear demonic. However I suppose it could simple be the artist taking a bit of liberty in how large the horns actually are.

#9 Skywalker

Skywalker

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:14 PM

Einlanzer said:

Well the reason I was curious about the Nephilim was mostly due to the image of the Jayan in the book, if that were really how they looked it would be hard to hide your supernatural nature, and by true christian beliefs he would most definately be considered evil because of the horns and dark skin, making him appear demonic. However I suppose it could simple be the artist taking a bit of liberty in how large the horns actually are.

I agree with Swordwraith's summary.

The art for the Nephilim is a little odd. It doesn't quite sync with the text. As Swordwraith says, Nephilim generally appear human unless otherwise stated in their description.

#10 Einlanzer

Einlanzer

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:38 PM

Well that answers the question about Nephilim but how about the question about raising stats above 10 and learning spells beyond lvl 50 in a certain path?

#11 commanderq

commanderq

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

I think you can just raise your stats above 10 when you level up, but I could be mistaken.  thats wut ima do ne way.

#12 Skywalker

Skywalker

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:43 AM

Einlanzer said:

Sorry for so many questions but I have one more thing that just came to mind. The book talks about raising Characteristics above 10 but states there is a human limit that it can be raised to, however I can't recall where in the book I read it, and I wanted to know on a related subject how one raises their Magic Level above 50?

The Human limit is 10. If you have Inhuman (a Ki Ability) the limit is 13. If you have Zen (also a Ki Ability) the limit is 20. Creatures can buy Inhuman and Zen too.

IIRC Magic Level is based on Int. If you raise you Int above 10 (every 2 levels you can increase an Attribute by 1 and assuming you have purchased Inhuman and Zen Ki Abilities), this increases your Magic Level above 50.

#13 commanderq

commanderq

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:56 PM

ya ok cool thanks. lol. 

#14 JesterX

JesterX

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:42 AM

Can't you buy "raise characteristic by one" advantage with CP ? It says that you can raise AGI, DEX, CON and STR up to 11 and PER, WP, POW and INT up to 13...

#15 Skywalker

Skywalker

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:13 AM

JesterX said:

Can't you buy "raise characteristic by one" advantage with CP ? It says that you can raise AGI, DEX, CON and STR up to 11 and PER, WP, POW and INT up to 13...

Yep.

#16 XII

XII

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:58 PM

Swordwraith said:

Einlanzer said:

Skywalker said:

Additionally, since it was originally the state religion of the Empire, most common folk share the sentiment.

In fact, it still is the state religion. The empress has just decided not to percute those that don't believe in the church which has made the church very upset with her.

#17 Swordwraith

Swordwraith

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

XII said:

Swordwraith said:

Einlanzer said:

Skywalker said:

Additionally, since it was originally the state religion of the Empire, most common folk share the sentiment.

In fact, it still is the state religion. The empress has just decided not to percute those that don't believe in the church which has made the church very upset with her.

Actually, it is much more than that. the Archbishop used to have a seat in the High Senate of the Empire, but Magnus has chosen to deliberately not send a representative during Eli's reign, thus far.

The Church is still the most common religion in the Empire, but it lacks the legitimate governmental tie it once had.

#18 Luced

Luced

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:29 PM

So are there any good online archives or fan sites were one might be able to find a ncie collection fo FAQ's.  also how much experiance do monster genrly giveor is it mroe how much the gm wants to give for the encounter.

I saw a thing on artifacts in the book ad magic items mentioned, But how do you put together or make magic items or were are the rules for them. and are there any price guidlines or equipment tabels?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS