More Cooperative Games

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:11 AM

I would really like it if we got more Cooperative games. At my store we play boardgames several times a week, and most often we are playing Arkham Horror or BSG. We have a group of about 12 core players in this board game group, and we really enjoy these two games because of their cooperative nature (either everone vs. game of the 'teams" of BSG). We still play other board games, but we're really looking for more co-op games.

AH is pretty much the perfect model for the co-op game. Multiple types of locatin encounters, an over-arcing threat that needs to be taken care of, combat and all the atmosphere -- an rpg packaged as a board game. Using this same engine, FFG could come up with more games in other background. There could be little tweaks based on the setting (starship movement for a space game, no horror checks in a modern day setting perhaps), but I think the potential is there.

And even if the AH engine wasn't the way to go, more games of this type seem to have to potential to be well received. If Arhkam Horror is such a popular game, it may have more to do with the type of game than just the material. And it is a market that seems to be waiting for more people to tap.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS