Newexpansion?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Furelli

Furelli

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:03 PM

Is there likely to be a new expansion for this great game? Anyone know, and if there is what sort of things would you like to see?

Furelli

#2 CanadianPittbull

CanadianPittbull

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:22 PM

New Expansion? Sheesh I haven't even played the game or the current expansion yet. I bought this way back in the spring and still have not had time to play it. Although I have been painting up the figures for it. :P

#3 Jashobeam

Jashobeam

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 07:50 PM

I really like this game, but what I would like to see is a different map, either bigger so the 6th player isn't completely screwed for his starting placement, or perhaps with hexes to make each game different.  Also, I would like for there to be a figure/card for the Baron so s/he can take armies around the map as well.

Jashobeam

#4 Smeelbo

Smeelbo

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:34 PM

I own both the main game and Crown and Glory, but am trying to get the most out of the main game before I try adding the expansion in.  From my reading of the rules as well as community feedback, Warrior Knights is much improved by Crown and Glory.  There are lots of little but worthwhile improvements, such as a larger Fate deck, and the new Draw 1 Fate/Retreat results, as well as more significant changes, such as the Scholar, new Agendas and Events, Garrisons, Levies, and the new Action Cards, which look like they help move the game along.  The King Variant makes for a longer game, and for shorter games, the Mission Cards might add spice.

It seems like most people prefer 4-5 players, and a lot of game players prefer to avoid the much tighter competition involved with the maximum number of players, not just for Warrior Knights, but other games as well, such as Caylus.  I like the challenge of a tighter game once I feel comfortable with the rules and strategy, but when I am still learning a game, a looser set up is more forgiving and therefore more fun.

I don't see Warrior Knights as needing another published expansion.  Look at Power Grid or Age of Steam: there are at least a dozen variant boards for each, mostly by fans.  I can see room for a few more maps: maybe one with some large islands instead of one mainland, a penninsular map, something like Italy, made especially for three players, and maybe a more open six player map for beginners.  But unless you wanted to produce your own Fate Cards, you'd have to stick with the city names already given.

There have been a few other variants proposed.  Some were listed in the site previous to the site previous to this site, but so far as I can tell, all that material has been lost.

I haven't abused my Warrior Knights game enough as it is, and am not eager for a published expansion.  Alternate maps might be cool, though.

Smeelbo

#5 CTuxford

CTuxford

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

Personally, I can only see a new expansion being a new mapboard. There is so much material in the base game and Crown & Glory that there is enough gaming there for a lifetime.

Yep. Naught but a new mapboard is reasonable IMHO.

#6 dimarcie

dimarcie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

I would love to see a new map like the Runebound expansions.

#7 cyric036

cyric036

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:45 AM

CTuxford said:

Personally, I can only see a new expansion being a new mapboard. There is so much material in the base game and Crown & Glory that there is enough gaming there for a lifetime.

Yep. Naught but a new mapboard is reasonable IMHO.

Agreed, the only expansion really needed at this point would be new mapboards.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS