Jump to content



Photo

Question about sea location cards


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Joch

Joch

    Member

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:06 AM

Hello everyone! 

 

When Dracula embarks and uses his sea location cards, does he get the used cards back at his possession after they drop from the trail? Can they be used again or are they gone "forever" like the normal location cards? 

 

I have a vague memory of reading this somewhere, but can't remember where...



#2 Dam

Dam

    Member

  • Members
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:15 AM

Joch said:

When Dracula embarks and uses his sea location cards, does he get the used cards back at his possession after they drop from the trail? Can they be used again or are they gone "forever" like the normal location cards?

What do you mean "forever"? When a location drops off at the end, there are two basic paths 1) back into the location deck or 2) Catacombs (special case if that location has HH or CG). Sea locations can't go to Catacombs, so only option #1 is possible.


"A dirty mind is its own reward."


#3 Joch

Joch

    Member

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:22 AM

I have understood that Dracula can't go back to any cities he has already been in. So, putting the cards that drop off go to a different pile so I can't make th mistake of using them again (as it is penalized the same way as cheating). The only way to go again to a city visited earlier is to use the Double Back -card and in my knowledge only in those places which are on your trail or catacombs.



#4 Joch

Joch

    Member

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:37 AM

Ooh-kay... I've obviously made an ass of myself

 

It clearly reads in the manual that dropped cards go back to the deck and I had taken that crossing your own trail too literally.

Of course I find it now when the damage is done...

 

Sorry for bothering ye. 



#5 Dam

Dam

    Member

  • Members
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:40 AM

Joch said:

 

Sorry for bothering ye. 

 

 

You lost the combat and took a Bite, move to the Hospital and discard all your Events and Items!

Silly n00b questions are fine by me, especially if they are brief, but I reserve the right to mock you .


"A dirty mind is its own reward."


#6 Hem

Hem

    Member

  • Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:53 AM

And be applaused by everybody here, because damning hell, I just can't believe you actually had games with Dracula getting definitely rid of his locations cards, being able to manage a journey without going back to previously visited towns... I just can't picture such a game !!!!!!!!!!!!



#7 Dam

Dam

    Member

  • Members
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:57 AM

So Hem, you went ahead and bought FoD then?


"A dirty mind is its own reward."


#8 Joch

Joch

    Member

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:26 AM

Dam said:

Silly n00b questions are fine by me, especially if they are brief, but I reserve the right to mock you .

Hopefully I don't ask stupid questions in the future. But if I ask, try to bear it and show me the right path... 

 

 

 

Hem said:

And be applaused by everybody here, because damning hell, I just can't believe you actually had games with Dracula getting definitely rid of his locations cards, being able to manage a journey without going back to previously visited towns... I just can't picture such a game !!!!!!!!!!!!

Little tweaking and you could create some hardcore rules for the game based on my little experience 



#9 Hem

Hem

    Member

  • Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:45 AM

Dam said:

So Hem, you went ahead and bought FoD then?

Yo Dam ! Actually I own that games for months, you know ; it has always been in my library under my avatar, I think. No, these days, I'm wondering about games like Tannhauser, Tide of Iron, War of the Ring and Dust. War of the Ring thanks to your good explanations, and, oh, yeah, I bought Doom, thanks to you again ;) Cheers man.

Joch, you crack me up little budy ! (sorry, crazy of that quote)



#10 Nagypapi

Nagypapi

    Member

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:40 AM

Joch said:

Hem said:

 

And be applaused by everybody here, because damning hell, I just can't believe you actually had games with Dracula getting definitely rid of his locations cards, being able to manage a journey without going back to previously visited towns... I just can't picture such a game !!!!!!!!!!!!
 

 

Little tweaking and you could create some hardcore rules for the game based on my little experience 

A good rule for those group who are whining that Dracula is too powerful and can't win against him.



#11 Hem

Hem

    Member

  • Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:34 PM

Nagypapi said:

 

A good rule for those group who are whining that Dracula is too powerful and can't win against him.

I'm not one of those... even in Descent I feel more like a might-be-able-to-win Overlord. Not in FoD...



#12 Jasly

Jasly

    Member

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:49 PM

Joch said:

I have understood that Dracula can't go back to any cities he has already been in. So, putting the cards that off go to a different pile so I can't make th mistake of using them again (as it is penalized the same way as cheating). The only way to go again to a city visited earlier is to use the Double Back -card and in my knowledge only in those places which are on your trail or catacombs.

Holy Christ, how did you play then?

Just interested: have Dracula managed to win a single game playin' by these rules?






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS